Part 2

Severus was shocked. For 2 reasons.

One was when he found a brand new suit waiting for him in his walk in closet and 2, was when there was a knock on the bedroom door and it revealed james with a bouquet of lilies.

" james?" Severus asked confused.

" you said you wanted to go out. So come on. Im taking you to dinner." James said sweetly.

Its been a while since hes gotten treatment from him like this. Severus took the flowers hesitantly, taking a moment for the situation to sink in.

When it did he smiled softly and walked to the dresser with a vase. He set the flowers in them, looking back at james thankfully.

" ill be down in a minute. Mind waiting downstairs?" Severus asked.

James nodded and walked away. His heart was pounding.

He spent the entire day at the office organizing everything so he had the weekend off. He felt bad for making severus go through that.

Even more it hurt that severus barely bat an eye. It oddly made him want to make severus jealous, somehow do something to make james special to him. Enough to actually care if his husband was having an affair or not.

So he waited patiently by the front door. He looked down at his clock ever so often.

He was nervous. He didn't know why, it was his husband after all. The man he'd been married to for almost 2 years.

And yet it was nerve wracking waiting for him to descend the stairs.

So when severus finally walked down the stone steps, dressed in the new suit that james had hand picked for him it felt like his stomach jumped to his throat.

He looked beautiful. But to james severus always looked beautiful.

Severus was wearing the suit, no jacket but with a black vest that complimented the navy detailing nicely.

Gold accents in forms of buttons and tie clips popped out from the dark fabric.

He had an overcoat hanging freely on his shoulders and was wearing his best jewelry. His designer dress shoes clicked against the floor, his hair was down and tucked behind his ear, long gold snakes hung from his ears.

It was enough to make james forget how to breath.

" ready?" Severus said softly.

James snapped out of his trance and nodded, gesturing severus out the door and to the car.

" you look great." James willed himself to say, or else he may forget.

Severus seemed taken back but thankful.

" thank you. Dont look too bad yourself." Severus dusted off the imaginary dust from james' chest and smiled.

James swallowed down. Why was he so nervous?

It was as if they were in a first date which was far from true. But i guess it had been a while.

Almost 10 months since their last date.

James knew it was his fault. He was too busy with work and his....mistresses in all honesty but now he was determined to start trying.

" so where are we going?" Severus asked when they started to drive out of the garage.

" you'll see." James smiled cheekily, one that could make your heart skip a beat in a flash.

And thats exactly what happened. Severus' heart skipped a beat.