Part 5

This was bad. This was getting out of hand.

Severus was panicking a little, unsure of what to do.

He often found himself with their new cat in his office or study. Sometimes he would walk out into the garden he so rarely visited but was kept in pristine condition thanks to the lovely gardeners.

Or he would be at work, having lunch with lucius and remus, trying to figure out the agenda for tomorrow.

And if he was doing none of that, all the rest of his time was used up by james.

Whether james took him someplace new or someplace old they often went to, he always made a night of it.

And now there he was, sitting in his living room reading a book his his cat in his lap, and his husband on his side.

James wasnt reading a book. He was watching a movie on his computer and had at least the courtesy to put on headphones which severus appreciated.

But still the flashing lights and interesting scenery was enough to steer his attention from his book onto the screen of james' computer. He found himself looking over james' shoulder to get a glance, or a small gasp escaping from his mouth.

James had a habit of watching everything with subtitles on so it wasnt hard to follow along.

It was when james looked up to see severus' book abandoned and he himself engrossed in the movie did his face break out into a grin.

Severus quickly looked away and cleared his throat before standing ups and leaving the room.

Jupiter trailling behind him like always.

James chuckled and shook his head, attention back on his movie.

————————————————————

" moony i dont know what to do." Severus exasperated. Remus cringed and shook his head.

" please dont call me moony."

" what do i do moony?" Severus ignored the glare and looked at him expectantly.

" it was like one time, stop calling me moony."

" why are we calling Dr.Lupin moony?" A historian named Arthur weasley asked.

" hello arthur." Remus said softly.

" hello moony." He replied.

" oh god its spread." Lupin grimaced.severus laughed and greeted arthur the same.

" so why are we calling lupin moony?" Arthur asked, taking out his lunch and eating it.

" one of his patients called him Moony for almost 3 hours straight. So we thought we'd make it a nickname. Has a nice ring to it no?" Severus explained.

Arthur laughed and agreed, chuckling along as remus suffered from the nickname.

" ahem." Someone cleared his throat loudly next to severus.

He looked up and saw platinum hair, smiling unconsciously at the sight of his friend.

" Severus can i speak to you?" Lucius drawled in a monotone voice.

Remus gave him a skeptical look but urged severus to go when he asked if it was ok.

Severus had a bad habit of constantly asking for permission, even if not needed and remus knew that.

But remus watched lucius drag severus away to a nearby corner and he watched worriedly at what they might be saying.

" what is it?" Severus asked lucius.