Part 4

Severus stared at the piece of card stock in front of him.

It was a business card, from a former.....boyfriend per se.

He was a fling that lasted too long to count as a one night stand from way back in freshman year of college. It was before he and lily had started dating. Before he fell hopelessly in love with her.

But i guess he counted nonetheless.

He had completed his Ph.d and was starting a job at the laboratory severus worked at.

Remus and Severus ran into him during their lunch and he happened to give severus his business card.

Dr. Lucius A. Malfoy Ph.D

The bold black letters read on the clean off white paper.

Below the name was his number, an odd little heart beside it.

Before they made the mistake of sleeping together, they were good friends. They met in high-school, when lily and severus were new and he offered to show them around.

He heard he got married a couple months ago, to a lovely girl.

Narcissa Black. She was beautiful and smart. Her father was rich and powerful and so in turn so was she.

" what are you doing?"

Severus flinched, sighing in relief when he saw james stand over him.

" jesus james. You scared the life out of me."

" im sorry. You were sitting here for a while so i wanted to know if you were ok." James set his hands on severus' shoulders.

He rubbed between his shoulder blades lovingly. Severus will admit, it made him feel better.

" im fine. Its just a business card someone gave me. I used to know them from highschool."

" really?" James took the business card when severus offered it.

" lucius malfoy? Isnt he married to Narcissa Black?"

" yeah why?"

" hm. Nothing just that shes pretty famous." He set the card down and leaned against the chair.

" anyway. Dinners ready." He pat his shoulder to indicate for him to stand up.

Severus complied, standing up and following him down for dinner.

Dinner was good as always. Their cook was really talented and they've had him forever.

Like normal they ate in silence, only for whatever reason james decided he wanted to sit right next to severus.

Usually they say on opposite ends of the long table but now james was sitting next to him along the side of the table.

" james? Why are you sitting here?" Severus asked.

James just shrugged and continued to eat silently.

Severus looked at him skeptically but decided to drop it.

————————————————————-

This has been going on for days. Random bursts of affection, james taking any opportunity to be closer to severus but not so close he felt uncomfortable.

Little kisses to the side of the head, holding hands all of a sudden.

He has even woken up to james wrapped around him more than once, actually almost every morning which just confused him more.