Part 7

It had been a few days since lucius came to the house, and everyday it felt like he was sticking to severus more.

Severus brushed it off, telling him hes new and just trying to rekindle their friendship.

Of course james didn't believe it. He was oddly controlling just to be a "friend."

James didn't tell him lucius came either. He didn't want to worry him and possibly ruin their relationship.

But this was getting out of hand.

" james. You know lucius."severus introduced them as he walked into their house.

James froze and looked at severus then at lucius. Lucius had a smile on his face, it was blank, just ... a smile.

James nodded and shook his hand.

" of course. Lucius. Nice to see you again." He said as politely as he could.

Severus smiled and came up to james.

" ill be ready in a sec." he whispered and went upstairs.

They were supposed to go to a fundraiser for severus' university. He hadn't expected lucius to join them, looking very sharp.

" uh lucius. Where is your wife?"

" sick. She couldn't make it. She had the flu." Lucius said almost automatically. Like he had rehearsed it.

" oh no. Is she ok?" James persevered.

" yeah. She'll be fine. Just needs some rest thats all."

James nodded and tried to make small talk with him.

He was dressed in a navy suit with a black waistcoat and a white dress shirt.

He wanted to look nice, and he knew severus would look nice because he always looked put together, even while going to work.

He had a closet full of hand tailored suits from multiple designer brands and such so severus was always prepared.

Although severus did pick out james' suit and told him he ABSOLUTELY needed to wear it,
which was odd.

But it was for severus' workplace so he did as told and wore the suit he was instructed.

Lucius was wearing a clean all black suit, his platinum hair sticking out more against the dark fabric.

James didn't like him. But he did look good.

" alright im here. Lets go." Severus ran down the stairs and hooked his arm with james'.

He was wearing a large overcoat, making james question why but he didn't pry.

" shall we?"

————————————————————-

James was about 2 drinks in and very much curious.

Severus still hadn't taken off the coat, just stood there with it on the entire time they were there.

He had offered to take it, but severus just said no.

Eventually the curiosity got the best of him.

" ok seriously what are you hiding under there?" James came up behind severus and whispered.

Severus sighed and turned around.

" do you really want to know?"

" yes! Its been eating me alive. Whyd you ask me to wear this suit, why are you wearing a coat, why was lucius with you, its all very confusing." James said quickly.