Part 9

Its been a week since that night. Since severus finally professed his love for james and accepted that it was ok to love again.

And it felt right that he was doing this. Letting lily go after so long.

He had graduated college, gotten a masters, even a Ph.d after her death and was now married to a man he loved.

So when the anniversary of Lily's death drew closer as snow fell from the sky, he needed to pay a visit to an old friend.

" hello lils." Severus said softly.

The cemetery was cold, probably from the fresh November snow that covered every tombstone.

Severus dusted off the white pillowy substance to reveal the clean grey granite that had " Lily J. Evans."  engraved into the stone.

He smiled fondly at her tombstone. He missed her terribly, missed his best friend but he was finally ready to move on.

But of course as best friends do, he had a need to tell her about James.

" im finally moving on. I finally found someone else i love." Severus pat the top of the headstone lovingly.

" his name is James. I know, its a guy. Shocking." He snickered to himself.

" i think you would've liked him. He would have annoyed you to death but i think you would have gotten along nicely."

Severus sighed, watching the sky and narrowing his eyes when the sun hit his face.

" but i love him. No matter how much of a right bastard he can be. I just cant seem to shake off the feeling of infatuation i have with him. Oh and im married to him. Forgot about that." Severus added quickly.

He liked to talk about whats been going on when he visited lily, but in the past few years he hasnt had the time or will to visit her grave.

If felt like every time he did it chained him back to her even further.

So he tried to avoid the hurt, but there was no use now.

" i hope you're happy Lily. I think i finally am." Severus set the white roses he was carrying on the ground next to the headstone.

He debated getting lilies, but Lily herself hated them. Always complained how everyone assumed her favorite flowers were lilies just because of her name.

So he opted out of them and got white roses instead, same color just not the same flower.

After he set them down he gave the tombstone one last pat before letting out a long exhale and saying goodbye.

The sun was out as it was nearing noon. He had a lunch date with James to get to, and a cat waiting at home who was awfully needy about his cuddles.

————————————————————-

" severus." The same voice called.

The same one severus had been pretending not to hear for the past week.

After hearing what lucius said to james, he had some reevaluating to do. Mainly about lucius and how he decided to cut him out of his life.

He wasn't helpful and honestly he was just causing him trouble.

So he decided he didn't want to involve himself with him anymore.

Which was precisely what he was doing now.

He was sitting at a table with Remus, Arthur and Regulus, a biologist he had befriended when he started working there but did not often talk to.