Part 10 ( last part)

2 years later:

James paced the long hallway nervously.

Remus Lupin was there in the waiting room with him and his husband Sirius.

Since remus and severus were friends sirius and james were forced to hang out with each other but turns out they had a remarkable amount in common.

Now sirius was practically his best friend and was trying to calm him down as he bit the inside of his cheek.

" come on dude. Dont worry about it, he'll be here soon."

" really sirius? Because today is a very special day and severus is no where to be seen! Where could he be?!" James yelled.

Sirius rolled his eyes and chuckled at his frustrated demeanor which james did not find amusing.

" oh i dont know. Ask the rushing scientist bursting through the hospital doors right now." Remus gestured to the entrance.

And sure enough there was a tall figure dressed in all black running to where the three were sitting.

" im here im here. Did anything happen?" Severus asked while huffing.

" no but where were you? A funeral?" Sirius teased.

Severus rolled his eyes and made a mocking face. Severus and sirius didn't always get along at times but they did it for their husbands.

" anyway, im here."

" yeah it would be nice since its the birth of our SON." James emphasized.

He was spiraling and severus knew that.

He took off his coat to reveal he was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans, a little more casual than usual.

He set them on the bench next to remus and took james by the head, hands on either side of his face.

" ok. Calm down. He'll be here soon enough. Just try not to freak out yeah?" Severus gave him a peck and a pat on the shoulder before running off.

" wha- where are you going?!" James yelled down the hall severus was currently running down.

" ive got to be there! I promised her!" Severus ran and disappeared around the corner.

The woman who they were adopting from was an incredibly nice lady. She had green eyes and dark brown hair and she had made very good friends with severus who had been obsessing over her for the past 9 months.

But of course on the actual day of the birth he has to be 2 hours late and halfway into labor.

" oh my god." Realization set into james and he sat down, head in his hands and leg tapping up and down on the tiled floor.

" come on James. You're fine. Shes fine and sev is in there now so it should all be smooth sailing from now on."

" easy for you to say. You're not gonna be a father in about 30 minutes." James snapped.

Remus snorted and sirius looked at him with a pointed look.

The next few moments were agonizingly too slow for james.

After they discussed what to do with their marriage they came to the conclusion that they both wanted children.

So they started the adoption process.

It had been an anxious 13 month process for james but somehow severus powered through like it was nothing.

And he even got everything done on time. James barely had to do anything but not be rude to the pregnant lady and try not to piss off severus every single day.

He had the nursery ready at home, the baby supplies, the formula and even the nanny ready to work by monday.

James was truly grateful he had severus in his life and that he was doing this with him but the man surpassed his expectations on absolutely any level of life.

Marriage, work, fatherhood. Hell even cooking james found out after that one night their chef got sick and they were too hungry to wait for take out.

Turns out he can make a mean stack of pancakes. Even if it was for dinner.

But now he was in there, ready to comfort the woman who was giving birth to their child and there james was, freaking out over being a father.

But eventually every doubt and thought came to a screeching halt when severus came out panting and a huge smile on his face.

" He's here. The baby is here." He said with possibly the biggest smile james has ever seen.

Nobody had a second to think before severus was grabbing james by the arm and pulling him down the hall to where their baby was apparently waiting.

" wait sev slow down!"

" i cant. Oh you've got to see him james he looks just like you. Only he has green eyes and he is the most beautiful thing in the whole world." Severus cooed.

James laughed as he allowed his husband to drag him down to the delivery room. He knew it wasn't biologically possible but it was cute how excited severus was.

When they entered the room, the doctors were just finishing up and getting ready to take her to her private room, the baby safely in her arms.

" oh hello james." She said softly.

James greeted her back and placed his attention to the little bundle in her arms.

She passed the baby to severus and smiled as the couple saw their baby for the first time. Well james seeing his baby for the first time.

" ok we're going to take her to her room for rest now." The doctor informed.

James and severus nodded, stepping back as she said goodbye and was wheeled away to her room.

They had payed for a private room for her. It was the least they could do. She did give them her baby.

Speaking of which, severus could not get over his son.

He had shaggy black hair, a little thinner than james' but he was a baby, what did you expect.

He had big green doe eyes and tan skin like his father. It baffled him how alike he looked to james, even though he didn't share a single strand of DNA.

He was precious.

" james. Meet your son, Harry James Potter." Severus handed harry to james who took him gratefully.

He held him in his arms and he bit his bottom lip to stop himself from screaming. He felt like he was about to burst from happiness and james couldnt help but want to cry.

" Harry James? A bit narcissistic no?" James said.

Severus snorted and rolled his eyes.

" then what do you suggest his middle name be?"

" why does he even need one? You dont have one."

" well yes but it just seems right." Severus shrugged.

James laughed and looked down at harry who was going in and out of sleep, the act of being born apparently was very tiring.

" how about Evan?"

" evan?"

" yeah. Like lily evans." James turned to severus with a soft smile.

Severus looked touched, a small smile on his face as he put a hand to his shoulder and leaned in behind him to see harry.

" yeah.... i love it. Harry Evan Potter."