Into the unknown

Lu Ten kept me company every day and told me stories of his adventures as a fire nation soldier. He was also very funny and he gave me proper food three times a day. I seemed to get over what had happened at my village. That was weeks ago.

'So, where are you taking me?' I asked while he ripped my bread in half to make it easier for me to eat.

'You are going to see where I grew up.'

A few days later, we spotted an island with a volcano in the middle. I held onto the side of the ship and tried jumping to see. Lu Ten picked me up and put me on his shoulders. 'There. That's my home. Oh! And you should take your coat off. It's not exactly like the southern water tribe over here.' And he helped me take it off.

When we docked, I was taken to the palace. Yes. They had a palace. This was a huge upgrade from the southern water tribe. I was really excited to be here because Lu Ten said it was the most superior nation and the capital city was big. But I didn't know that it would be really big. There were red house, buildings and shops with gold roofs and the people there wore various shades of red, gold and black. When we arrived at the palace, I was taken to a big, empty room and at the end, there was fire. And an old man with long, white hair.  We bowed down.

'This is the waterbender? I see...and you think she should stay here? At the palace? With her own room?' He asked.

'Yes grandfather. Her and I have, as you could say, a special bond.' Lu ten replied. His grandfather nodded and dismissed us.

As we were walking out, I saw four people walk in. Two of them were kids, a boy and a girl. The boy looked at me and smiled shyly. The older man next to him stared at me with one eyebrow pointed up. The woman was telling the little girl to stop hitting her brother. They must have been Lu tens uncle, aunt, and cousins.

Maybe if I can get them to accept me, I can learn to be really happy here.