The painted lady

We were running in the fire nation palace courtyard. Zuko was right behind me. He was going to catch me right before we crashed into azula. But when I looked up, she looked older. She glared at us and started shooting blue flames at me and zuko. I ran. When I turned around, I saw azula slowly change into ozai, still shooting fire at us. A fire ball suddenly shot at the left side of zukos face. He screamed. Ozai turned back into azula and summoned lightning from her fingers. She aimed at me and the lightning at me. The lightning shot me.

I shot up, panting. I looked around to see that I was still in the little inn. I went to the bathroom and bent the sweat from my forehead and it splashed onto the floor. I looked in the mirror.

It was just a dream. Yet it happened every night. And I didn't know what it meant. The fire nation palace life was behind me. I put it behind me six years ago. When I ran away.

It was still night so I changed from my fire nation outfit into my painted lady one. I discovered the painted lady spirit when I came across a village in the middle of a polluted lake. She was supposed to be the guardian of the village. At first I just wanted to help but then I sort of...became her.

I put on the red drapes that exposed my shoulders and secured it with rope. I took my red makeup and painted it on my face and arms.

As I walked around the streets, a cloud of fog lazily followed me. 

A little girl ran up to me. 'Are you the painted lady? My mother is sick and we can't afford anything.' I nodded and she lead the way.

She took me to an ally where her mother slept. I sat down next to the cloth used as a mattress and took out my water. It enveloped my hands until they started to glow. I began rubbing my hands around the mothers body until I knew she was better. I put the water back in my pouch and strode away. 'Thank you, painted lady.' The girl called out.

After I returned to the little inn, I packed up and left. I couldn't stay here forever. I would stop when I knew what to call home. Home. Maybe I could go back to the southern water tribe...no. I couldn't. I couldn't leave all these helpless people here. Maybe I could go back to the capital...the fire nation capital wasn't too far from here. 

I traveled all day and all night. I arrived after three days at sunset and found a place to stay. I put on my painted lady attire and snuck out.

After I healed a few people, I started to make my way back to the inn.

I was walking on the roof tops when I heard someone land on the same house I was on. That someone unsheathed their swords and took a fighting stance from the sounds of it. I turned around mysteriously and found myself face to face with...

...the blue spirit.