The chase

I let my guard down, not wanting to fight the blue spirit.

He noticed my move and lowered his arms but didn't put his swords back.

At this, I walked closer to him, inches apart. I touched his mask and admired the carving of the blue and white mask. This time, he dropped his swords completely. He took my hands off his mask but didn't let go of my hands.

We both felt a spark rush through our veins. Too bad the moment didn't last too long because a boy with shaggy black hair, a headband around his head and red robe who was holding a staff saw us. He gasped, looked around and somehow jumped onto the roof.

'Are you the painted lady and the blue spirit?' He asked enthusiastically. We both let go and the blue spirit took a fighting stance while I stood there mysteriously. 'Hi! I'm the avatar-'

But I didn't let him finish. I waved my hand and the fog surrounded me and the blue spirit.

'Wait! I'm the bridge between your world and mine!' The boy called out. He ran after us.

I tried to shake him off my tail but he just wouldn't stop. He suddenly earth bent a wall in front of me but I dodged it and continued running, the blue spirit close behind. I pulled water from the humid and wet air, bent it on my fingers, froze it, and threw it at the boy.

He barley missed but took a look at the ice. He gasped. 'A waterbender!' Now that he knew I wasn't a spirit, I ran even faster. I followed the blue spirit onto the roof of a house. The blue spirit heard the boy and stopped. I turned around to face him. He said one word. One word the sent a shock through me.

'Katara?'

I looked up at him. How did he know my name? Apparently the boy heard too. 'Katara? Like, Sokkas sister katara?'

Now the world was spinning. How did he know who my brother was? I couldn't breath anymore. The last thing I remember was the world tilting while the blue spirit was trying to catch me from falling off the roof right before the world turned black.