A happy ending

'MOM!' My eyes shot open. I looked around to find Sokka shaking me while calling out my name with Aang, toph, suki and zuko next to him.

'Katara! Thank goodness your awake!' Sokka said as he hugged me tight.

'Sokka what happened?' I asked and he pulled away.

'We defeated the fire lord, Sozins comet is done, zuko put azula in her place, the fleet of airships are destroyed, you got hurt so zuko carried you here to heal yourself, we met up with him and now everyone's okay. Is that it?' He asked as he counted his fingers trying to see if he'd missed anything. 'Oh! And the war is over and zuko will become fire lord!'

The war is over? After all this time...I can't believe it. I started getting up when Sokka pushed me back down. The water splashed everwhere.

'Nope! Your staying right her until you heal up.' He demanded. I rolled my eyes and bent the water on his face before laughing and jumping up and running out of the bathroom.

'Hey! No fair!' He whined. Aang laughed and was about to run after me when toph earth bent to make him trip. 'Oof! Ow....okay. You wanna play rough? Then let's play rough!' He said as we all ran into the courtyard.

Sokka tried pinning me down but ended up soaked. Toph sent Aang flying in the air trying to airbend but before he could, he landed on top of me. He stared into my eyes and smiled.

'Ummmm....you can get off me now Aang.' I said awkwardly. He shook his head and air bent off of me. 'Sorry!' He said before dodging a boulder.

I watched them spar. Did he like me? My mind had a thousand questions. I felt him staring at me and smile when my brother stood next to him making kissy faces at him.

'OoOoOoOoHhHhHh!!! Smoochie smoochie! Looks like someone's in looooovveee- AHHHH!' He teased before getting tackled down by suki.

'Uhhhhh....' he said as his face turned bright red.

'Sokka stop teasing him. He's a sweet little friend.' I said. I heard toph say "monk just got friend-zoned." and Sokka and suki laughed.

Momo, aangs lemur, landed on my shoulder. I scratched him behind his ear. 'Just like momo.'

Now Sokka, suki and toph laughed so hard, they were on the ground, rolling around. Aang glared at them. 'What?!?!'

'YOU JUST GOT MOMO-ZONED!!!!' Toph yelled as she laughed.

Zuko walked outside. 'Where were you? You missed watching Aang getting momo-zoned!' Sokka exclaimed.

'Yeaaahhh okay...I was at the infirmary just letting them check some bruises. Of course I didn't want them to but...yeah.' He said. Everyone shrugged and continued teasing Aang and sparring. I walked up to zuko.

'What's....momo-zoned?' He asked.

'Oh. Well, they think it's funny how I compared Aang to momo.' I replied.

'Why would you do that?'

'Oh...because Sokka said Aang was in love. With me.' I cringed.

'What? That's weird.'

'Yeah...'

'So katara, about the time when you tried running away at the western air temple. Wanna talk about it?' He asked, changing the subject.

'Oh. Sure...' I said as he lead me toward a bench and motioned for me to sit down. I sat down next to him and took a deep breath.

'So what happened that night?'

'Well, I lived and grew up with you zuko. Right? You were a special part of my life. My mother was, too. So when I lost her, my life crumpled. But when I met you, I realized that maybe you could help me through my pain. And you did. Until Sokka forbade us being together, it was like you were being taken away from me and...I couldn't live with that. I just couldn't. Even if you were physically with me, I don't know if you were mentally with me anymore. But you came back to me. And that was all in the past. It's over.'

Zuko wrapped his arm around me and I hugged him. I felt him place a kiss on my head and lay his own head on mine. We both stared at the sky. The world was at peace, everyone was happy, zuko was here with me and hopefully, nothing could go wrong now.