Chapter 10

It has been two months since Jennie and Taehyung did that

It has been two months since Jennie and Taehyung did that. Bad luck for Jennie, she hasn't gotten any monthlies since then. She didn't tell anyone about her menstruation problems, not even her mom nor Chaeyoung so here she was, waiting alone at a clinic.

Taehyung didn't contact Jennie at all after the day he sent her home and to say that she was happy would be an understatement. She was extremely thankful that she wouldn't have to engage in any kind of connection with him anymore.

Jennie patted her flat tummy consolingly. There's a distinct possibility of having a tiny little human within her, since she never missed her monthlies before. "Hi baby. If you're there, do know that I love you so much. We would make a great duo, just the two of us because your father sucks."

Jennie had thought through the matter last week and the last step in her plan was to confirm her pregnancy. Even if it's positive, she promised herself that she would never abort or end the innocent child's life. Jennie would take care of him or her just like how her parents love her to pieces.

Jennie planned to move to New Zealand and live with her foster family in Auckland. No matter how much she loves her home and job in Seoul, she doesn't want anyone—except for her parents and Chaeyoung—to know that she's having a baby, most importantly Taehyung. Jennie would never let him know about her pregnancy or else he might threaten her to abort the baby.

Or if things in Auckland don't go the way she planned, Jennie would ask his cousin, Eunwoo to find her a home and a temporary job in London. Eunwoo loves children in general so Jennie would force him to help her in babysitting or ask him to pretend to be the father of the child for every well-baby visits.

"Ms. Kim Jennie?" The medical receptionist with a 'Joowon' name tag poked her head around the door and called her name. Jennie smiled before standing up from the seat and walked to the consulting room. A lot of what-ifs were playing in her mind and she was overwhelmed with edginess. Whatever the result is, she's going to accept it.

"Hello Ms. Kim. Please have a seat." The doctor greeted Jennie with a smile, making her tense eased off. Jennie bowed politely before sitting on a chair opposite to her.

"What brought you here today?" The doctor asked. She looked familiar but Jennie was too lazy to recall anything about her. Jennie might have run across her at the grocery store last week or at the fashion runway last month or—ugh, whatever. Why did she even think of it?

"I haven't gotten any periods for two months, doctor."

"Are you married, Ms. Kim?" The doctor queried out of curiosity. Jennie's smile faded away upon hearing the doctor's question. Jennie could either admit that she's not married and tell the doctor that she had sex with her beloved boyfriend the last two months or fabricate a story about being a wife to a non-existent husband who is looking forward to having a child.