Chapter 19

Jennie woke up to a familiar masculine scent, invading her nostrils and an arm wrapped around her waist

Jennie woke up to a familiar masculine scent, invading her nostrils and an arm wrapped around her waist. The room was silent apart from a heavy breathing, fanning the nape of her neck. She scrunched her eyes at the bright light that was sipping through her closed eyelids, slowly blinking in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before her.

Surprised to see herself clothed in her jammies, Jennie turned her head and took in the sight of a completely drained Taehyung, sleeping on her bed. She shut her eyes, trying to recollect what had exactly happened and it all hit her with a bang as the memory started to occupy her thoughts.

Out of impulse, her hand traveled to her head, pressing the throbbing area on her scalp. She flinched at the pain but then carefully traced her fingers on the bandage, wondering if the injury was too severe to be bound up.

Jennie's head was swarmed with a series of questions about the circumstances but she quickly shook her head, reminding herself that she didn't have enough time to do so. She needed to leave her apartment as soon as possible.

Slowly removing his arm, Jennie tried to get up from the bed. Once she stepped on the cold, white tiles, she instantly fell back on to the bed. Her body, engulfed in pain as if objecting her decision to stand up. She took a quick glance at Taehyung and heaved a sigh thankfully when he didn't stir at the sudden move.

Jennie lounged on the bed and loosened up, waiting for the pain to wash away. She wasted no time getting out of bed when the pain subsided and tiptoed to the wardrobe. Making herself presentable, she left the room without a second thought and headed to the living room.

Her purse, phone, car key, bobby pins, hair band, mints and hand cream were scattered all over the floor. Despite being in such a hurry, Jennie hastily collected each and every item, putting them into her empty handbag and mumbled some incoherent cuss words under her breath.

"Jennie!"

Upon hearing her name, Jennie panicked and immediately loosened her hold on the mints, making a bolt for the door. The sound of quick footsteps chasing her and her name being frantically called numerous times scared her to the core.

Jennie didn't even spare a glance at Taehyung and ran towards the nearest elevator as she exited the apartment, leaving him behind. She thought she was halfway safe but her hope faded away as soon as she realized that the elevator was at ground floor. She was in the depths of despair over her situation, wondering why fortune has never favored her especially when things like this came her way.

Jennie would definitely get caught if she failed to disappear out of his sight at the double and that would put the kibosh on her plan of running away. As absurd as it sounded, she really wished that God would grant her with superpowers to move the elevator up to the seventh floor in the blink of an eye, just to save her hapless ass.