Chapter 1

The garden of wildflower meadow was jam-packed with more and more guests

The garden of wildflower meadow was jam-packed with more and more guests. By simply taking a quick look at them, Jennie could tell that most of the guests are businesspeople, entrepreneurs and VIPs.

Well, all those people obviously didn't want to miss the grand wedding of the daughter of Bae Junghyun, one of the most successful businessmen in Seoul. He is filthy rich and down-to-earth at the same time, which makes many people admire and look up to him.

Jennie walked around the garden, filling up her boredom while hoping that the event would end sooner. She was amazed with the view in front of her, a stunning parkland with a scenic lime grove, sunken gardens and the meadow itself making it a truly memorable setting for a wedding day. It adds a touch of sheer glamour to the wedding.

"Irene is such a lucky girl to have her special day at an outskirts resort like this." She muttered to herself.

"Irene's friend?" A voice startled her and she turned around. A woman in her early 30s, who Jennie presumed is a caterer working there based on her uniform, was smiling at her. Jennie inclined her head and gave her a smile in return.

"The wedding will be held in the Oval Room. You just have to follow the stone walkway." The caterer pointed her thumb politely at a winding path. The space between the square stones allows greenery to grow and contributes to the natural beauty of the garden walkway.

Jennie thanked the woman and walked on the stone walkway, as she had been told earlier. The stones led her to the Oval Room and she entered the room after showing her invitation card to the receptionist. Seeing the neutral-toned room, she gasped in awe.

A sense of grand design introduces the room. Approached from a reception area and leading out to a private patio, the Oval Room provides a wonderful blank slate for any style of wedding.

Jennie looked around to find Irene but her figure was nowhere to be found. She walked past some tables and she parted her lips in a smile several times whenever she accidentally made an eye-contact with any guests.

From afar, she could see that Irene and her soon-to-be husband, whose name is Taehyung were engrossed in a conversation with some unfamiliar faces outside of the room. Seemed like they were getting ready for the ceremony.

Jennie strolled in the room until she found a strategic seat for herself. She was about to sit on the velvety chair when she heard two girls beside her, excitedly rattling on about the wedding and she couldn't help but eavesdropped them.

"The couple is a match made in heaven! The bride is beautiful and the groom is good-looking, they are perfect for each other." The girl exclaimed. Jennie simply rolled her eyes and made a grimace of disgust, making herself comfortable on the chair.

As time passed by and guests started to take their seats, Irene's mother entered the room signalling that the wedding processional was about to begin. Once her mother reached the end of the aisle, she took a seat to the left of the aisle in the first row.