Chapter 12

Taehyung plopped himself down on the couch and loosened the tie around the collar while resting his legs on the coffee table

Taehyung plopped himself down on the couch and loosened the tie around the collar while resting his legs on the coffee table. He massaged his temple, trying his best not to stress himself out on what his father told him earlier when they were having dinner together.

"I've arranged a new marriage for you."

"Aish! For God's sake, can dad just let me live my own life?!" Taehyung ruffled his hair in frustration and kicked the glass ornaments on the table until they fell and scattered on the floor.

"She's pretty, I'm sure both of you would look great together."

"Pretty? Jennie must be prettier." Taehyung blurted, suddenly having a flash of remembrance about his previous table talk with his father. 

"She has a Master's degree, received the Dean's list several times and graduated from a well-known university in New Zealand."

"Highly educated? I doubt if Jennie even made it to university let alone to compete with a Master's degree holder." Taehyung muttered, leaning his head on the couch to make himself more comfortable before continuing his nonsensical rants.

"The only daughter of Kim Soohyun, a very well-heeled businessman, which will definitely profit our company."

"Coming from a wealthy family? The girl wins by any means. Jennie had to pull out all the stops just to become a fashion designer."

"Her mom runs two successful boutiques in Seoul. They're loaded, Tae."

"Jennie's mom? I honestly have no idea." Taehyung growled, feeling disappointed that Jennie couldn't be on a par with the girl.

"Your wedding will be held on August, no compromise."

Taehyung gave up, trying to disagree or argue with his father is like beating his head against the wall. It's no use going against his father's words or else he would face the consequences.

Wait, why did he even compare the girl to Jennie? What the fuck has gotten into him? Is he that whipped for her?

A broad grin emerged on his lips once he realized how lucky he was to be Jennie's first. If only Jennie didn't refuse to live with him the other day, they would be having fun in his apartment by now and Taehyung would no longer think about her 24/7.

"No, no, no. I can't miss her. She's nothing but just a pretty face. Get your head out of the clouds, Tae." Taehyung smacked his head lightly to get rid of everything related to Jennie in his mind.

Taehyung stood up from the couch and tiptoed carefully, not to step on the shards of glasses. He grabbed his car key, planning to spend the night at the club. He needed something or maybe someone to make him forget about Jennie for a while.

•••••

Taehyung woke up feeling tipsy from the excessive amount of alcohol consumed last night. He fondled his hand on the right side on the bed, searching for Naeun. He was sure he brought her to his apartment after they met at the club but he found no one beside him.