Chapter 15

Jennie woke up on the couch with a grey throw draped around her shoulders

Jennie woke up on the couch with a grey throw draped around her shoulders. The pain in her lower body has subsided and there was a smell of medicated oil in the room, which she guessed had been applied on the aching area. Who did it? The question was left unanswered. For Jennie, not knowing the answer to the question was better than finding out it was Taehyung who massaged her.

Jennie hauled herself to her feet, got off the couch and trooped wearily out of the small room that had been used as a place to teach the children earlier. Sungchan, Jisung and Winwin were no longer in sight, same goes to Taehyung. The atmosphere of the two-storey house used as the training center was less noisy than usual. Jennie glanced at the watch on her wrist. 2 o'clock? For real? She would be dead by the time the principal knew that she slept for the whole day, when she should've taught the kids.

Jennie peered at the main door from the inside. The sound of children laughing gleefully was clearly audible. The principal, Momo, Jeongyeon, Taehyung and some children who haven't been picked up by their parents gathered in the middle of the training center yard. Jennie walked over to them, taking her steps carefully. Momo, who was facing her, noticed Jennie's presence and greeted her in a friendly manner. Taehyung turned to look at her and suddenly snaked his arm around Jennie's waist, assisting her. Jennie initially wanted to refuse but she refrained from doing so, she didn't want to embarrass Taehyung in front of everyone.

"Jennie, do you feel any better?" Jeongyeon queried her when they reached the garden table in the courtyard. Taehyung guided Jennie to the seat next to him and she merely inclined her head to Jeongyeon's question.

"Taehyungie hyung took care of you, noona." Sungchan approached them with his mouth full of popcorns and divulged a secret. Jennie quickly placed him on her lap, bringing him close to her chest, so that he could rest his head against her chest. Her face reddened in embarassment after hearing Sungchan's remark.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim." Jennie nervously lowered her head and fiddled with the knick-knacks on the table, pretending to be occupied when in truth, she was trying to mask her discomposure and hide her flushed cheeks.

"My pleasure." Taehyung reached the teapot and poured some tea into a cup before gesturing Jennie to drink it. Jennie bowed her head, thanking him and sipped the hot tea carefully.

"Noona, look what I got!" Sungchan took a Pikachu whistle out of a red Happy Meal cardboard box and gave the small toy a jiggle in front of Jennie's face.

"Kyaa! It's really cute!" Jennie accidentally let out a tiny squeal, taking the whistle from Sungchan's hand and holding it up to her eye level, looking at it closely.

Genuineness flashed in Jennie's eyes, even her baby voice sounded so delicate to Taehyung's hearing, as though she's a real baby. Taehyung grinned broadly as if he's in love, engrossed in his thoughts before Jennie's cough brought him back to reality.