Chapter 32: Oderint Dum Metuant

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
!Mild Sexual Content!

Also, a lovely reader made a discord server for the readers of the series! ❤️ I will try to be on there sometime tomorrow so we can chat about the update or anything you guys would like to talk about in the voice channel. I'll let everyone know when on Instagram. I would do it now but it's past 4:30 am here and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

The link to the discord is in my profile. Click on the first link you see on my profile beside "all my links". The discord link can be access through it. You must download the app first.

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

And point out any errors.

——————————————————

          It had been two weeks since the Mykonos massacre and a week since I learned Zaya was a backstabbing bitch

          It had been two weeks since the Mykonos massacre and a week since I learned Zaya was a backstabbing bitch. She hadn't opened her mouth about the people she worked for or fessed up about the address which was making me restless and increasingly frustrated. I wanted to soak my hands in her treacherous blood that had led to so much destruction, but I tried to suppress my murderous thoughts for the moment.

According to Leo, my hospital was doing well and Harry was taking care of everything as my savior. I finally got to speak with her and assured her I was well and made up an excuse for my absence which I was sure she didn't buy, but she also didn't push me for answers. Aunty Simi, her mom, was worried as well, and I missed them both terribly. I had to go back to my life one day, but I also wasn't sure how things could ever return to any form of normalcy after the weeks of horror I had.

I was sure I got kicked out of my resident program from the teaching hospital for disappearing without a word. Fuck! I couldn't abandon the career path I chose for myself. I had busted my ass through the lowest points of my fucking life after Leo and dragged my ass through medical school. After all my hard work and pain, I wasn't going to drop it just because I was back with Leo. I had to do Aunt Wendy proud one day. I still hoped she'd wake up.

So, while Leo spent his time handling business and getting his hands dirty for information, I spent many hours with Felix as his new student even though it was neurology I was going for. Everything he taught me would aid me in the field and in this dangerous lifestyle without a doubt.

He told me of his years in the organization and the precious moments he shared with Verona and this family. It was my favorite bit with him. Also, I learned he was into men. Of course, I swore to secrecy because the high-ranking traditionalists in the empire weren't tolerant of homosexuality even to this day which was disheartening. Felix was high in the ranks to have close contact with the family, so it mattered. Thankfully, Leo didn't care for it, so the king's outlook was all that was necessary. If there were to be an uproar due to his sexuality, Leo would shut it all down.