Chapter 11: Tigress

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

Point out any errors ❤️

——————————————————

(Arie's POV)

My mouth was dry, my eyes refusing to look away from her. Chills pricked my body, my insides feeling sickeningly empty. It was too surreal. When I opened my mouth, an airy sigh of disbelief escaped. "Athena?"

          The moment her hazel eyes met mine, I knew I wasn't hallucinating. They held that usual self-assurance in them. Confidence and poise were still flourishing in her irises mixed with darkness. It was none other than the biggest bitch I knew, and for once, I was beyond happy to see her.

"Missed me?" I could imagine her smirking behind the fabric that covered half of her face. With my arm wrapped over her shoulder and her arm secured around my waist, she supported my body and assisted my drowsy body with walking. "We need to get out of here, so walk as quickly as you can."

"I thought you died."

"I've been proven to be very difficult to kill. My death would be of epic proportions where I'd take a few hundred souls to hell with me."

Before we could go any further, I halted my steps and wrapped my arms around her tightly despite the pain. This was the woman who escaped death to come to my rescue once again. She could've gone home to her husband and her newborn, but she was here instead. We always had our differences, but I knew she was someone I could trust when it came to certain things. Even though she was doing this for Leo, I couldn't be more grateful.

Athena was as stiff as a plank. "What are you doing?"

"It's called a hug." I squeezed her tighter.

"I believe I've heard of those before." A second passed before she brought her hands up to pat my back. "If you're done, we should get moving."

          I pulled back and stared at her. Her fingers stroked my cheeks before I realized she was wiping away the tears I hadn't realized were there in the moment.

          "Never thought I'd see the day when you'd cry for me." Her eyebrow cocked up smugly. "You truly lost your mind in here, didn't you?"

          I rolled my eyes. She definitely didn't lose her touch with words. "Give me a break."

          As she left me standing alone, I finally noticed I was in the operating room where Lawrence conducted his interrogation and Selene, his doctor, had implanted that chip in me which reminded me I couldn't leave without having it out.

          "I can't leave," I croaked out whilst holding myself up with the help of a table.

          "I didn't risk my life for you to fall in love with your captor, Arie," she snapped without looking at me, searching through cabinets. She then turned to me with a pair of pajama pants and a shirt that seemed to be too big for me. "I'll drag you out of here by your hair if I have to and slap some sense into you while I'm at it. Do not force my hand."

"I don't have Stockholm syndrome," I scowled. "I have a chip implanted in me that could possibly kill me. It has only been used to paralyze me so far, but he will use the kill switch if I try to leave."

          She pulled down the fabric covering her face and yanked away her hood. I had always seen her poised and groomed to perfection like some Greek goddess, but she looked wild at the moment. Her caramel strands were a mess, beads of sweat covering her forehead and the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were erratic and her jaw was clenched with anger.