Chapter 6: Sinful Preparations

I know I'm pretty late with the update but I've been swarmed with school and work. I barely had the time and when I did, I was exhausted. I do apologize for the delay, and I appreciate your patience with me. I love you all so much. Thank you!

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Arie's POV)

          The last thing that swirled in my mind was the memory of the female doctor who upped the dose of the truth serum and injected it into me on Lawrence's orders. Everything after that was a haze until I woke up in this nice room. For a second I believed it was all nothing but a terrible nightmare. The king-sized bed I had woken up in had me sinking into the comfortable mattress. The covers were warm and soft. Light pooled down from the small chandelier above me. A silky pair of pajamas wrapped around my body perfectly. Gosh! I believed Leo whisked me away for the most amazing getaway, but the reality came crashing down immediately.

          Lawrence had been sitting on a recliner in the corner of the room, waiting for me to wake up. He had a cocky smirk on his face that I wanted to cut right off his fucking face. My name had rolled from his lips so casually which left me in trepidation. I didn't know what I had told him about myself under the influence of the drug. If he knew my identity, then he knew about my family which wasn't going to end well for me.

          It had been two days since and my entire body still ached. From my neck down to my lower back twisted with an odd ache. Even though I was being treated like a princess with great food at my service and a beautiful room, I was still Lawrence's prisoner. There were no windows in my confinement. He couldn't risk an escape. I was locked within the four walls, awaiting the storm that was bound to come, and it came in the form of Lawrence once again.

He stood at the door with two armed men and a smile. "Let's go for a walk, my feisty kitten." Grabbing a long coat from one of the men, he tossed it on the bed. "If you don't wish to be gawked at then wear it. Quickly now!"

          I swallowed my pride and slipped on the coat without a word. All my anger needed to be saved for the time when I'd have the opportunity to escape. Then I'd claw this fucker's eyes out and rip his throat with my bare hands. Just the thought of him lying lifeless and bloody beneath my feet comforted me oddly.

He escorted me out the door and down the nicely lit hall. It seemed like a hotel with multiple doors on either side that resembled mine. Guards patrolled past us, but they didn't keep a constant watch as they did in my previous shithole of a cell. With all the fancy treatment I was receiving, I decided to shoot my shot and interrogate a bit. The more I knew, the more advantage I'd have.

"Since you're treating me so well, you wouldn't mind me asking you a few questions, am I right?"

"Go right ahead," Lawrence said in a chirpy voice whilst leading me past a big metal door that was opened after he scanned his hand on a panel to the side.

Noises of sobs and pleading screams attacked my ears fiercely. Ahead laid my previous prison with a hallway of a cemented wall to one side and small cells on the opposite. I presumed we were on a different floor because I didn't recognize any of the girls in the cells. Thankfully, they were all clothed. Many were crying as expected in this horrendous situation, some were trembling with fear, and a couple of girls clung to the metal bars begging for mercy and freedom.

"How many girls do you have here?"

"For the auction tomorrow night, I had fifty originally planned. Ten girls placed on each of the five floors in this building." Lawrence cleared his throat and ushered me through another door that went back to the nice white walls and tiled floor. "Unfortunately, some just aren't worth the money."