Prologue 1

Kokichi's POV

"Pathetic? Look at yourself, Kokichi."

"Kaito always has us by his side, see? But no one wants to be around you."

"You're alone Kokichi, and you always will be."

Those words made my heart sting from the inside out, it felt like poison was affecting my whole body at a rapid speed. My urge to self harm came rushing back. I tried to keep up my mask and said "
Ah-haha! You're talking about friends? Friends don't make this game more entert-"

I cut myself off, realizing what Shuichi had just said, and what he meant. I quickly brushed off my emotions, and after stating that I would 'win the game' I went to my room.

No One's POV (Third Person)

As he was walking through the halls he thought to himself just one more cigarette wont hurt, right..? as he took a cigarette and a lighter out of his pocket. He lit it and put it in his mouth, carelessly putting the lighter back in his pocket. He blew out smoke and let a tear fall.

His urge to self harm became worse and worse, he picked up his pace and started to sprint to his dorm. He rushed to his bathroom to find his box of blood-stained blades, cigarettes, lighters, and rope. It was labeled 'DO NOT TOUCH'. As if anyone was going to listen to that.

He opened up the box and picked up a sharp boxcutter. He rolled up his sleeves, revealing countless scars. Some were from last night or still scabbed, but most were pretty much healed.

He pressed the shiny blade across his sensitive pale arm. Slightly tensing up from the pain, but since he was used to it he didn't care. He did a few more cuts, losing track of time. He did more and more not realizing that his pink blood was dripping on the floor.
"Ah!" he yelped as he realized. He quickly cleaned it up.

Shuichi's POV

Maybe I was too hard on him... I thought as I was walking to my dorm
No. I said what I needed to, he deserved it. I affirmed myself. I glanced at Kokichi's door, thinking I heard crying at first but then brushed it off and thought I was just imagining it.
I could've sworn i heard crying, but its too late to worry about that now, I'm tired. He thought as he changed his clothes and layed down in his bed.

His dorm was right next to Kokichi's, and despite the rooms being 'sound proof', he could still hear sound coming from his room. It was very faint. He fell asleep quickly, ignoring the faint thumping coming from Kokichi's room.
Maybe Kokichi is getting killed..? ...he can defend himself, right?? ..right??

But the thing is, the thumping wasn't because Kokichi was getting attacked, but it was from him smacking his head on the wall, trying to get his intrusive thoughts out of his head.

THUMP! Shuichi jolted up, startled by the loud bang. THATS IT WHATS GOING ON IN THERE?? He angrily thought to himself and he got up in a rage, opened his door and banged on Kokichi's door.

533 words.