Chapter 23 - 'Crime' Scene

(Quick A/N: This is a very short chapter, its basically just Shuichi investigating the place Kokichi got hurt in and trying to find out who did it)

Shuichi's POV

As I listened to Kokichi's soft inhales followed by exhales, I couldn't help but keep thinking about who hurt him. Who did it and why? Maybe a little investigation wouldn't hurt.

I remember Kokichi coming from not too far away, just a little down the same sidewalk as me. Taking that information and burning it into my mind, I got up and threw on a random outfit.

I didn't realize it was my pregame outfit until I actually put it on, but that didn't matter right now. Being as quiet as I could, I made sure Kokichi was still asleep and then left the dorm, going back to the same place me and him were earlier.

When I got to the sidewalk, I kept an eye out, looking for any clues of Kokichi being there earlier. I passed by an alley way but then stopped, glancing at it with suspicion. I walked down the slim area, feeling uncomfortable with the eerie tension it held.

I took out a flashlight from my pocket and shined the light on the floor, looking for any type of clue. Then something caught my eye. Burnt out cigarettes and bright pink drops of blood.

The cigarettes would explain the burn marks on Kokichi, and the blood is just an obvious clue that even the dumbest person in the world wouldn't mindlessly over look it.

I picked up the cigarettes and put them into a small plastic bag. There was no way for me to bring the blood with me as evidence, so I took a photo of it with my phone instead.

I left the alley way and went back to my dorm, being as quiet as I could and making sure I didn't disturb Kokichi. I labeled the bag "Evidence #1" and placed it in my desk drawer.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 4am, so it was most likely way too late at night to take the cigarettes to the police station and get a DNA scan to see who hurt Kokichi.

My blood literally boiled at the thought of someone hurting Kokichi. I felt bad, because I knew I've accidentally hurt him mentally at times, which made me hate myself.

I just hope Kokichi actually forgives me for it and isn't lying.. if only he knew how much I loved him..