Chapter 15 - Interrupted By a Knock

Shuichi's POV

I threw myself onto my bed, letting out a large sigh of annoyance. I swore to myself I wasn't going to apologize to Kokichi this time. I didn't even do anything, he just started yelling at me out of no where.

I decided to stop thinking about it and go to bed. I shut my lights off and covered my body with my blankets, falling asleep after about 5 minutes.

I drousily got up the next morning. Dreading what could possible happen today with Kokichi. After eating breakfast I left my dorm and went to class.

I was walking in the halls, making sure to avoid Kokichi if I saw him. Soon after 2 minutes of walking I saw purple hair. I quietly groaned, but looking past the leader, I could see Kaede not too far away. I started speed walking to get to her.

When Kokichi noticed me coming his way, his face lit up and he opened his mouth to speak. He was smiling, but why?

"Oh! Saihara! I just wanted to say I'm-" but before he could finish what he was saying, I shoved him out of the way, calling Kaede's name to get her attention.

I could see Kokichi look back at me with a blank stare as his hands slowly dropped from behind his head. I felt a twinge of regret but smudged the thought away.

Me and Kaede began talking, but I felt like she was mad at me for what I did to Ouma because she kept making dirty faces at me when she thought I wasn't looking. I was going to call her out on it but didn't wanna start an argument.

I sighed under my breath and waved goodbye to her when I finally got to my class. I assumed Ouma was skipping because he wasn't in class, but I didn't care that much. I just sat down in my seat and began listening to the teacher's instructions.

Kokichi's POV

I was walking in the halls, looking for Shuichi so I could apologize to him. 6 minutes had passed and I was still looking for him, almost on the verge of crying due to frustration, guilt, and regret. I put my hands behind my head to slightly comfort myself.

Until I saw Shuichi, coming towards my direction. I immediately became happy and it was almost like my tears disappeared out of joy. I began to apologize to him.. or... I had atleast tried to.

"Oh! Saihara! I just wanted to say I'm-" but before I could finish what I was saying.. he shoved me to the side. And it felt like all of my happiness evaporated again.

I slowly turned to look back at him, I didn't even know what to say. I saw him walking over to Kaede. Tears filled up in my eyes again as I watched them both walk away, leaving me there crying.

I decided to skip class that day, not knowing that was going to be the worst decision of my life. I had no clue I was going to find out that the people you trust and get along with the most can become strangers with you in just a day.

Shuichi's POV

In the middle of class, I raised my hand to go to the bathroom. The teacher granted permission. I had no clue I was going to have to make one of the hardest decisions of my life.

When I got there, I saw Kokichi, on the ground, getting beaten by a student I didn't recognize. He was curled in a ball, shaking as blood trickled down his head and even more various places.

He glanced over at the bathroom exit, reaching his hand out to the floor, I could see he was trying to get away. But when he saw me he shouted my name and other things in an attempt to get me to help him. I winced, knowing I was going to have to interfere.

But.. what if I just.. didn't help this time..?

Kokichi's POV

As I was getting beaten to a bloody pulp, I tried to escape my attacker, looking over at the door and reaching my arm out to try and crawl away. Instead, I saw Shuichi out of the corner of my eye.

"S-Shuichi!! Help! Please! I'm sorry for yelling at you just please help me!" I began yelling for help, hoping he would call off the bully... but he didn't..

Tears welled up in my eyes again as I saw him leave.. I screamed his name once more, desperate. But he didn't come back.

The beating went on for another 19 minutes before the bully finally got bored of me and left. I weakly got up, staring at my damaged image in the mirror.

Was this.. me? Was I even the same person anymore? Am I still Kokichi Ouma? The Ultimate Supreme Leader..?

Without thinking anymore, I bolted out of the bathroom, running through the halls as my tears now rolled down my cheeks quickly due to the wind hitting my face.

I barged myself through the door, still running as fast as I could until I reached the dorms. When I got into the dorm lobby, I frantically searched for my room, somehow forgetting it because my mind was that clouded with suicidal thoughts.

Once I had finally found my room and pushed my door open, I retrieved a razor from my bathroom and pulled up my wrists, I positioned the sharp, thin, bloody metal above my vein. I was going to attempt suicide again.

But right as I was going to push the razor against my wrist, I had heard a knock on the door. I groaned, not wanting the same thing as last time to happen again.

I shuddered at the flashback of that.. when Shuichi was knocking and then found me in the bathtub that was filled with my own blood.

But anyways, I put the razor down and pulled down my sleeve as I walked to the door. I slowly opened it, and I saw...

"Kaito?"

1048 words. And yes, there is another cliffhanger, sorry lol they're just so fun to make. Anyways ill try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible!