Chapter 4 - The Cafeteria Fight

Kokichi's POV

I gently placed my palm on the handle and pushed the door open. Before I even looked up from the floor I could already feel what felt like thousands of eyes on me. I glanced up and my eyes met with Miu's. She was towering over me, looking more furious then I'd ever seen.

"Hey, fatass! Why'd ya get me fuckin killed by bug addict over here, eh? Answer me ya fuckin moron!"
Her words stung like poison, but I kept up my facade and responded with,
"You tried to kill me first asshole! What other choice did I have?"
She looked at me like I just killed her puppy. She angrily walked back to her seat and I was approached by Maki.

"Who do you think you are?" Her voice was laced with rage. "I think I'm Kokichi Ouma, Ms. assassin." She gave me a glare and tried to choke me but I ducked and made a run for the fire exit. Just then I was stopped by Kaito. He pushed me onto the floor and I landed on my arm, letting out a yelp of pain as I felt the pressure on my cuts. I scrambled for the corner of the room but couldn't succeed because Kaito had gotten Gonta to hold me back.

Kaito loomed over me and said, "Listen here you little shit... you aren't going to get away with anything you did in the killing game, ya hear me?? I'm gonna make sure you get what you fuckin deserve!" I struggled to get out of Gonta's grip. Kaito raised his right arm back and punched me in the face. Gonta had let go of me in surprise, and I fell to the ground as my nose and mouth started to bleed.

I let out a whimper of pain as I wiped my nose and looked at my hand

I let out a whimper of pain as I wiped my nose and looked at my hand. I saw blood and looked up at everyone around me.

I realized.. they all hated me..

I realized they didn't care that I was hurt..

I realized they wished I was dead.

Especially Shuichi.

I got up slowly and glanced over at him. He looked worried which I found odd. I thought he hated me? whatever.. he's probably faking it.. just like everyone else.. Kaito raised his fist to punch me again but I ducked and made a run for the door, looking for a nearby bathroom.

Shuichi's POV

I felt really bad for Kokichi. Miu tried to kill him first so he fought back and now everyone's blaming him. Poor Kokichi, now that he's gone everyone's talking about how much they hate him.

"What a fuckin prick! I'm glad he's gone." Miu stated.

"Next time I see him I'm gonna beat the shit out of him!" Kaito yelled.

"Gonta mad that Kokichi betray him twice!" even Gonta hates him now?

"I'm gonna go make sure he never decides to mess with us again." Maki whispered under her breath. I finally opened up and said

"No, Maki. I will. He'll listen to me, I promise." She glared at me but then finally said, "Fine. Go ahead." before going back to her seat and sitting down.

I walked out of the cafeteria, keeping an eye out for Kokichi. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him run into the boy's bathroom and I followed right after. His arms were leaning on a sink, his face was burried into them and I could hear soft sobs escape his mouth.

"K-Kokichi? Are you alright?" I softly spoke. He jolted up and quickly wiped his tears, then turned around and with a subtle expression he said,
"Yup. Never felt better..!" I could tell he was angry at himself for accidentally letting his real self be seen by someone but he tried to make it hard to see. I took a second to examine him and his wounds.

 I took a second to examine him and his wounds

He looked terrible. I could see he put a bandage on his cheek before I came in. He had a black eye, a bloody nose, a slight gash on his other cheek, and his mouth was bleeding slightly. His hair was a bit messier than before, I guess thats from Kaito being so rough.

"Urm.. no.. you're hurt- Here I'll help."I glanced around the bathroom, looking for any nearby tissues. Luckily there were some near the sinks and I used them to wipe up the blood.

I could tell it hurt Kokichi because he tensed up everytime I touched his wounds, and for some reason he flinched when I grabbed his arm which I found weird but I shrugged it off. Soon enough the blood stopped and he tried leaving but i stopped him by blocking the door.

"Wait. Please tell me, why di-" Before I could finish he pushed me out of the way, a bit harsh. I felt a bit hurt and started to wonder why he didn't like talking to me as much now that the killing game was over. Then I remembered..

Gonta's trial.. what I said to him probably did hurt him more than I thought. N-no.. he's not that sensitive.. is he? I pondered what was really going on inside Ouma's head as I walked back to the cafeteria.

891 words. I'll try to get chapter 5 out as soon as possible! :)