Chapter 11 - Keep it a Secret

Kokichi's POV

I jumped out of my reverie, slowly turning to the door, I kept going back into my daze out of my will, completely ignoring the knocks. The knocks got louder and more aggressive, and when more of my senses were coming back I could start to hear shouting.

The knocking had now turned into banging, but I wasn't able to get up and open the door due to being weak from blood loss.

I groggily sat up and turned on the faucet, the sudden noise of the water hitting the thick blood made my ears ring from how sensitive all of my senses were. I covered my ears, choking out a sob.

I glanced over to the side of the tub, I saw my handkerchief. I weakly picked it up, some blood ran down my arm, staining the checkered fabric.

I slowly tied it tightly around my neck, slightly choking myself with it. My skin was now turning paler than it already was, if that was even somehow possible.

I started to cough out blood. The pink liquid trickled down my chin. I looked down at the bathtub again, the water was now just coming up above my stomach. I closed my eyes, completely ignoring the banging. And eventually... I had passed out.

Shuichi's POV

I walked back to my room, expecting Kokichi to follow me in. I was a bit annoyed at the fact he wouldn't tell me what was wrong even though it was clear he was upset.

I sat down in bed for a good 7 minutes, waiting for Kokichi to come back. But during that time I had accidentally fell asleep.

I woke up again and looked at my alarm clock, it was now 2am. I felt like something was off and missing... and then I remembered... Kokichi.

I immediately rushed out of bed and out of my dorm. I ran down the hall to get to Kokichi's dorm and when I got there I turned the doorknob and the door was unlocked. how odd... I thought.

I then started looking in every room, searching for Kokichi. The only room left was the bathroom... which was locked.

I started out easily, knocking softly. But then when he didn't answer I started to call his name, not too loudly though.

He still wouldn't answer.

At this point I was now banging my fist on the door, yelling and begging for Kokichi to answer. In between my yells there was silence, until I started to hear the faucet run.

Is he taking a bath at 2am..? No.. something's not right.. I have a bad gut feeling about this..

"K-KOKICHI!! PLEASE LET ME IN! OPEN THE DOOR! KOKICHI OPEN THE DOOR, PLEASE!!!"

After still not getting a response, I put all my might into my fist, raising it backwards. I slammed my right hand into the door, and one of the hinges broke..

I saw a scene I would've never thought I'd see.

Kokichi, laying in water that was mixed with his own blood. Horizontal wounds covered his arms, thighs, and stomach. Some were big and some were small.

There was blood trailing down his chin and landing on his checkered handkerchief, it looked tight on him. Almost too tight.

I ran over to him with tears in my eyes, first I turned off the faucet and then tried to take his bandana off. It was in a pretty hard knot but I eventually got it off of him.

When I took it off, it had revealed what looked to be scars from rope burn. is that what I think it is...

I also saw that his handkerchief had left a slight red mark on his neck, it wasn't that severe though.