The Weakness

Jungkook growled when the phone kept ringing for the seventh time in a row, he went to bed really late the night before and this early morning calls are not helping at all. Finally when he realized that he can't out sleep the desperate caller he peeked out of the comforter to check who is calling him so relentlessly. The caller was Joon, Kim Namjoon, his lieutenant and right hand man. Jungkook met Joon 4 years back through Jin. Joon and Jin were college sweethearts and Jin introduced them to each other when he realized how much Jungkook is looking for trustworthy people to realign the top management of the syndicate. Jungkook developed an instant bond with Joon and was really impressed by his business understanding and risk taking abilities. Joon claimed the ladder of positions and promotions within no time and is now one of the most capable and efficient members of the syndicate.

As soon as Jungkook picked the call, he was bombarded with questions from the other end. It took his sleepy mind a few seconds to register that there was more than one voice he was hearing. He realized it's not only Joon and Jin but Yoongi as well. Then he started registering the questions coming his way and got annoyed with the constant shouting.

When he couldn't take it anymore, he shouted for all of them to shut the fuck up, his aggression did the trick and the was a pin drop silence on the line. He knew what they were curious about and what is the reason for this overflowing curiosity on their end.

On the night the day before, they finally had their chance to break even or to get their share of the market crunch that they lost after the carnage 5 years back. But again, it didn't turn into a success, and he was so frustrated and annoyed by it, that he was in no mood or situation to call anyone of his associates that time to give them the bad news. Instead, he mindlessly fucked one of his many options for a quick sex. After he let the steam out, he crashed on his bed for a dark sleep without nightmares or disturbances. But this early morning calls and the constant shouting spoiled his mood.

Five years, five years is not a very long time, Jungkook remembers the incident that happened 5 years ago by-passing seconds, his razor-sharp memory helps. The Carommas lost everything five years ago, their that time present leader, their said future leader, lots of lives were lost and there was not a single survivor left to tell the tales. The syndicate is still searching for the culprits. The shootout had a very dreadful impact on the syndicates business module as well, their revenue crashed and their market shares in the major business sectors were reduced to negligible. Their major revenue generating sectors such as international arms smuggling and money laundering were totally snatched from them by competitive gangs and their front façade, which was their antiques and museum business took a hit as well.

This front façade is more like a legal cover business for syndicates and gangs, every gang have their own set of business that they want to legalize and keep as a cover up, all the other illegal and gruesome acts are swept under the rugs in the name of their legalized business.

But against all odds, Jungkook tried and tried his hardest to take the syndicate to the same level it was before. The Corromas widen their horizon of business, even if they can't have their market share in Arms smuggling or money laundering, they still deal with antiques smuggling with rare stones and metals. With Jungkook's knowledge of Gemology, they were one of the biggest market share holders in that sector. The corromas still follow their rules of not to deal with drugs or human trafficking, but part of their revenue is also generated by kidnapping and contract murders. They have a few skilled assassins in the syndicate who do their job with great accuracy and precision.

Now five years down the line, they may not be in their golden period anymore but they are still cutting even with their targeted revenue and feared as the second most powerful Mafia Syndicate in Busan, next to the Kuro Okami.