Bookstore [1]

hello :)

EDIT: CHANGED NICK TO SAPNAP 6/22/21

~Book Store~

The small jingle of the bell above door made Clay look up from his laptop. He gave a small sigh, glanced one last time at the line of code he was fixing, and stood. A brunette a few inches shorter than him stood nervously in front of the counter, holding a paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

"Uh, hi," he said nervously. Clay gave a warm smile, tucking his hands into his black hoodie that had a bi flag ont he front. The boy noticed the flag, went bright pink, and fell silent.

"What can I help you with?" Clay asked, smiling melting into a smirk as the boy blushed again.

He had been flirted with at work before, but never really by a guy. The bookstore he worked at, Halo Books, was pretty quiet most of the time. But people always came here for gift cards, and they always got new books before the other places. Teens never really came in here, other than the ones obsessed with reading. And this kid looked like a teen, at least height wise. (haha gogy is short)

"I was, um, wondering if I could get this in hardcover, for less if I return the paperback?" the boy squeaked out, face still pink. Clay raised an eyebrow, wondering what their policy was. Then, making the decision to be nice to the cute brunette standing in front of him, he nodded.

"Sure, follow me!" he said cheerfully, and they began walking towards the Harry Potter section.

"So, you like Harry Potter, huh?"

"Yeah, I read the books, then watched the movies, and am now re-reading the series." The boy adjusted his glasses, shoving his hands into his grey hoodie pockets.

"Oh, yeah?" Clay said, turning a corner into the fantasy section and then fingering through the books. "Do you like and of the characters a bit," he coughed, "more than the others?"

The shorter blushed, but nodded. "Yeah, I like Draco."

"What? Why?" asked Clay, attempting to pull the hardcover Harry Potter book from its tightly packed shelf, failing miserably.

"Blondes are my typ-" he stopped as Clay looked up at him and tousled his blonde hair. The brunette cringed at how weird that must sound in the presence of a blond.

"Well, good to know," Clay said playfully, handing him the hard cover and snatching the paperback from the boys hand. "What's your name, by the way?"

"Oh, I'm G-george," he said nervously, praying blond hadn't suspected anything. But he already had a mischievous smile on his face.

"Ok, G-george," he said, purposely stuttering a little. George gave a little huff of annoyance, and Clay laughed as they returned to the counter and George put the hardcover down so he could pay. But the taller simply pushed the book back into Georges arms.

"Huh?" he said, confused.

"I'd say seeing you stutter was payment enough, George," he said, giving a smile.

"Uh, o-ok?" George said quietly. He wanted to say something, anything to keep the conversation, but Clay was just quiet as he watched the boy in front of him.

"You're short," he said finally, causing George to huff again and his face to go red. He glared him, and Clay laughed again, although it turned into a sort of wheeze that George found cute.

"You have a weird laugh," he countered, and Clay rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Well, see you around, Georgie," he said, giving another wheeze as George glared at him again. The small jingle of the door made him smile, hoping his plot worked.

~Time Skip~

George gave a happy sigh as he turned the page, curled into his bed with a cat beside him. Her name was going to be Cloud, but then his younger sister thought he said 'Clout' so he called her Clout.

As he turned the page again, a small folded bit of paper fell out. He looked at it, confused, and opened it up. On it, a phone number with a signature of the name 'Clay'.

~7.3 Miles Away~

"Honestly, Clay, if you're going to flirt with someone, actually flirt with them rather than give them your number first," a brown haired boy was saying, typing away on his computers keyboard. Clay gave a groan, flopping onto the boys bed.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have feelings," Clay shot back, earning himself a pretzel to the face from the boy and the computer. "Sapnap, it sounds easy, but it really isn't."

"Honestly, if it went as you said it was, then he was definitely flirting with you too." He turned backwards in this chair, legs wrapped around the back of it. (it sounds like hes gonna do something to the chair ha)

"Listen, I just-" he was interrupted by his phone ringing, and he practically tackled it and looked at caller idea. He sighed, due to the fact it was just Bad, his friend and boss. (i dont wanna use darryll it feels weird)

"Hey, Bad!" he said, trying to sound peppy. When Bad answered, he didn't sound as exited as he usually did.

"Were you flirting with George?" he said, and Clay cringed. Right. Bad had a friend named George, who was gay and liked to read. Frick.

"Uh, maybe?" he said nervously. "Ok, yes."

"Clay!" Bad said angrily, but the anger melted fast from his voice. "I mean, GEorge likes you too, but-"

"He does?" Clay said hopefully, and Sapnap gave a sSapnaper from across the room. "How do you know?"

"Well, he called me when he found your number in there." Shoot. "I'm thinking I set you guys up." Clay pumped his fist, giving a small yes. Sapnap rolled his eyes from across the room, and threw another pretzel at the blond.

"Hey Bad, tell George that Clay said he was hot-" Sapnap said, resting his chin on his hand. Clay was using his hand (or, rather, fingers) to make something a bit less friendly.

"Wait, you said that?" Bad said, and Clay flushed bright red.

"Uh, well, um, I'm free everyday after work for the date! Bye, Bad!" he said frantically, ending the call. He glared at Sapnap. "I'm going to murder you."