Prison Visit

SPOILERS AHEAD

this au is essentially dream smp but before tommy visited dream or if that never happened. 

ALSO THANK YOU SM FOR 200+ READS LIKE HOLY- the last time i checked we were on 6 and boom 200 :D also thank you for 2500+ on ao3!!

:] hope you enjoy, i really love this one

TW: slight angst, scar (?), a little depression |:|

"Bring him these potatoes, okay?"

George gave a small nod as Sam handed him a small stack of potatoes. The lava near him crackled and popped, and he winced at the smell. He couldn't believe Dream managed to practically live here. Not that he had a choice...

Stepping onto the small redstone contraption Sam had created, George shot the masked prison guard one last look before nearly tumbling into the lava as the contraption began moving. The lava had finally risen high enough so he could see a masked blonde cowering in the corner, scribbling in a book. Stepping onto the blackstone floors, he stood awkwardly as the redstone contraption moved back and the lava fell back down.

Dream continued scritching away as George moved closer, eyes taking in the prison cell. A lectern, a chest, a cauldron. A small, ticking clock. He was trying to read the book on the stand when suddenly he slipped on some sort of goo on the floor. Slamming onto his back, he quickly realized it was crying obsidian. Sam must have realized Dream could make a portal. Smart, but annoying.

He heard a small chuckle from the corner. Dream had finally looked up, at least George assumed so. All he had to go off of was the round white mask with a smiley face on it. George was positive Sam made him remove it at some point, but at least he allowed him to keep it.

"Hey, Dream." George began gathering the potatoes he had dropped, then stood and continued walking towards Dream. The blonde looked back down at his book, turning the page before scribbling again. Sitting down next to him, he glanced at the page. He was surprised to see Dream doodling, a small beginning sketch of a person. "You gonna talk?"

"If you want me too." George almost flinched- hes voice seemed to have gotten a million times lower. Dream gave a small snort. "That's what happens when you mix the goo from crying obsidian with lava because Sam forgot to refill the cauldron."

George perked up slightly. "Ooh, does that mean-"

"No, George. It hurts too. I'm not gonna let you hurt yourself." The brunette slumped back down, subconsciously leaning in slightly. Old habits die hard.

"Speaking of hurting..." George's tone had changed slightly, and Dream noticed. The blonde winced, scared of what George was going to say. "Why did you have to, y'know, try and take over the entire SMP? We could have lived a peaceful life, you and I. Occasional war, but those happen whether you interfere or not."

Dream looked at the floor in a mixture of shame and sadness. "Power corrupts. Once you have a taste of it..."

"...you can't get enough. I know." Curling into Dream a little bit more, George sighed. "I just wish you had better taste, I guess."

"Do I not taste good?"

The brits face flooded red. "Shut up." Humming in response, Dream gently rested his arm on George's far shoulder. "Can you take your mask off? I miss seeing your face."

"Sam has cameras, y'know." George shrugged. He could tell from the playful look Sam gave him when the green-headed guard had taken his mask off for a short moment that he clearly suspected what was going on between the inmate and his visitor. "...aight then."