Royal AU

hi hi!!

wrote this on my school computer |:)

hope you're having an AWESOME day :D

prince!george and knight/guard!dream

enjoy <3

"Your majesty, I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you cannot be real when you say this."

Prince George of Kinoko Kingdom gave a long sigh. "Tommy, I've had a long day. Please, just-"

The servant placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know, Prince George. I know. We all have." He glanced out into the window, where the sun was setting in an array of reds and oranges. "It's just... a marriage into Las Nevadas would help the entire kingdom-"

"I will not marry my best friend's ex-husband for a kingdom that hates me!" George snarled, finally snapping. "No one cares! My parents don't care, my kingdom doesn't care-"

"I care," Tommy said gently, fixing the crown that had fallen lopsided on his friend's head. "And so does Sapnap. And Karl. And Tubbo. And Ranboo."

Tears fell down the prince's freckled face as he buried his head in Tommy's shoulder. The blonde took a second before melting into the hug. "You'll be okay, George. We'll get through it. I know we will."

George gave a broken, shattered-sounding laugh. "You always say that, and we never do."

"We're still here, aren't we?"

The brunette lifted his head and traced a long, curved scar on Tommy's face with his ragged fingernail. "Barely."

"But still."

George gave yet another sigh, flopping down on his bed while Tommy held back. Just because they were good friends doesn't mean his social status had magically changed and he could sit on the prince's bed without being imprisoned if they were caught. Literally. Just. Sitting.

The shorter (but older) gave an annoyed huff as he took off his crown. "I hate this thing. I just want to live a normal life outside the gates, not be some broken prince who's just a pawn in this great big game.

Tommy gave a gentle smile. "Pawns can still cause a checkmate."

"Don't get all philosophical on me now, Tommy. But I do."

"...wot."

George rolled his eyes. "I want to go outside the gates. Or at least go into the gardens without 10 guards watching me."

Tommy gave a small smile. "I think I know a guy."

~~~

"Tommy, you can't be serious."

"Please, Dream?"

The guard gave a long sigh, watching as the younger gave puppy-dog eyes. "You know that only works on Wil, right?"

Tommy gave a pout. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Rolling his eyes, the taller one took a step towards Tommy, who instantly backed up. "I'm only doing this for you, aight? Not because I have a singular drop of respect for the royals, okay? But because you've helped me out of some... situations."

Tommy had, in fact, helped Dream out in a lot of situations. One stood out in particular.

~

It was a dark and stormy night...

"Tommy, it was not!"

"Okay, okay..."

It was a relatively nice day. The regular guards had a break today, due to the fact that the guards-in-training were trying out their possible posts once they graduated guard school. Dream, Sapnap, Tommy, Techno and Wilbur were going into the woods to do a little hunting. Food had been scarce and any good, real food had been going to the royal family.