blankets & comfort

hello! this is the first request i've taken. it's kinda short, but i like the feel of the whole thing :D

 requested by: moxxerii

'wholesome cuddles after a rough night' :)

~

george was cold.

very, very, cold. a deeper cold than temperature wise, although he was also freezing.

you see, dream (his roomate/boyfriend) was having a bit of a 'movie night' right now. with some friends. relaxed, calm.

george was the opposite of calm.

the day had started off well. got kisses from dream in the morning, the blond made him an english muffin with an egg. but it had spiraled downwards when he got to work. he'd been told this was his last day with the company. the place was a semi-large coding business. apparently he just wasn't a 'good enough coder' to keep his job.

then, on the way back home, he had missed the bus due to the fact he had to carry all his belongings from the office with him. when he got on the bus, it turned out he had given his last five (the city buses were expensive) to dream to buy some popcorn at the store.

so he walked off the bus and, instead of asking dream to drive him, simply walked home. he didn't even have the energy to call his boyfriend.

turned out he couldn't even do that.

when he reached a little overhang on one of the building's roofs, he paused to text dream he would be a bit late getting home. and, to his immense despair, he had been pickpocketed. his phone and wallet were god. damn. gone.

so when he did get home, dream wasn't even there. he had gone out to the store and written a little note for his boyfriend, who simple dumped his stuff into their shared room, wrote dream a little note saying he was going to sleep early (rough day) and to say hi to the boys for him, and locked himself in the room.

so yeah. george's day in a nutshell. not a very good nutshell. or nut. because it's a nutshell, and his day is in the nutshell, so his day was a nut... (i'm going to stop)

he curled up into a small ball on the mattress. all he had was a sheet, which he had layered once so it was a bit thicker.

the sounds of the movie were interrupted by footsteps against the apartments floors. there was a knock at the door.

george rolled over. "go away."

"it's my room to, babe," dream answered, fiddling with the knob. "lemme in. i have blankets."

the brunet slowly stood, slightly dizzy for a second. he then unlocked the door, revealing a green eyed tall blond who was looking slightly pissed off. he also had fluffy blankets, which george immediately snatched and brought back to the bed.

he threw the blankets down, and right as he jumped onto them, he was scooped up before he could get warm again.

calloused hands lifted him up from his waist, and he squirmed angrily as dream hugged him tightly. "what's wrong, georgie? you never say no to movie night." he placed the boy down onto the mattress, laying down next to him as the brunet angrily pulled up the blankets.

"i just had a bad day," george mumbled, turning away. "don' wanna talk about it."

"well, too bad." dream wrapped an arm around his waist. "i guess if you don't wanna talk you don't have to... but is there any way i can help."

stupid fucking dream. cracks his walls before they're even finished. "i dunno..."

"cuddle?"

"...sure, you golden retriever."

dream stuck out his bottom lip. "if you're gonna be mean, i can leave you alone."

"no, no..." george gave dream a little scratch on the head, which the younger leaned into. "cuddles will help."

so dream let the brunet cuddle up next to him, curling up onto his chest.

warm. so warm.

dream wrapped the blankets around them, cocooning the pair in softness. george let himself cry a little, but eventually the tears faded into the warmth of the being next to him.

after a couple minutes of silence, dream pressed a small kiss to georges cheek. "you alright, love?"

"now i am, yes."

~

hope yall enjoyed! :D