Part 16

Steve's POV:

"Should we go to one of our rooms to watch it or should we head to the theatre?" I ask Natasha as we head towards the elevator. We step inside and the doors start to close behind us.

"I say we go to your room cause it's bigger than mine and your couch is really comfy." I smile at her, the elevator starts to rise. She comes into my arms and wraps hers around me, I rest my chin on the top of her head, just like we have been doing the past couple of days. I look into those emerald eyes when the doors open and we walk towards my room, talking about random things. We walk into my room and she immediately flop face down onto the couch. I laugh at her and walk towards her, I pick up the remote and head into Netflix and turn on the show. She sits up when the recap is finished, she grabs one of the many fuzzy blankets in the corner and throws it completely over herself, snuggling close to me. I wrap an arm around her shoulders and watch the tv for a little bit before I look down at her.

She's watching the tv but I know she knows I'm looking at her, how could I not? I pull her a little bit closer to me, she wraps her arms around me and turns her head so she's looking up at me. "Steve?" she whispers to me.

"Yeah, Nat?" I whisper back, looking into her emerald eyes.

I can tell she wants to say something, I can see it in her eyes, no matter how hard she tries to mask it I can see that she is scared of what she is about to say, instead all she says is, "Never mind."

She still looks into my eyes. Mine still look into hers. We look into each others eyes for a long while, not paying much attention to the screen in front of us. My heart beats faster in my chest, this is what I want, late nights sitting on the couch watching tv with Natasha.

Eventually we both look back to the tv, she's migrated closer to me and my arm has a more protective hold on her. I'm not paying any attention to the tv, I can tell that Nat isn't either. I know that she was going to say something earlier, but what was it? Eventually I turn off the tv and walk Nat to her room, neither of us have slept much in the past 2 days and I don't know about her but I'm exhausted.

"Let's get breakfast tomorrow." She says as I stand outside of her door. I smile down at her and nod, I hug her quickly and kiss the top of her head before I say goodnight and head back to my room.

I change into pyjama pants and climb into bed, I stare at the ceiling for so long, eventually I fall asleep. I've probably been sleeping for about 2 hours when I hear screaming and yelling from just down the hall. I sit up quickly and throw myself out of bed. There's only one room that could be coming from. 

Natasha's POV:

The hardwood, carpeted stairs beneath my feet. The wooden railing, the tiled floors. Nothing has changed since I was last here. I walk into the ballet studio, I begin dancing and I don't stop until the music does. I hold my final position. "Again." A thick Russian accent says behind me, the music starts and so do I. I dance, and I dance and I dance. The girls around me starts to fall, their legs giving out from under them or physically unable to continue. The second they fall out, or show any form of weakness, their lives are taken from them. Their bodies dragged away, one by one. My toes are bleeding through my point shoes and my back is killing me but I keep going, because if I don't, I will die.

Eventually I am the last one dancing, the music ends again and doesn't start up again. I am excused to leave but not 2 second later, I slip in a pool of blood. I fall hard onto my back and am dragged away. They would not hesitate to kill me, but since the music was over and I was excused the punishment I am to receive is going to make me wish they would just kill me. I am dragged into a room with a large whip, the guards force me onto the floor and start whipping my back, I can't help but scream out in pain, which only makes them whip me more.

"Nat," There is a voice, I look around the room but no one is talking. I scream again as the whip makes contact with my skin. "Tasha, Nat! Natasha!"

I jolt upright in my bed, sweat trickling down my face, I know I'm yelling but I don't know what I'm yelling. Theres a figure beside me but my vision is blurry and I can't tell who it is, out of instinct when they come near me I start to defend myself. I go to punch them but they block my fist and wraps their huge arms tight around my body. They pull me closer as I struggle to get free. Eventually I give up on fighting, my senses start to come back to me, I hear, who I have determined to be a guy, whispering, "It's okay Nat, I got you. You're safe." He whispers this over and over again into my shoulder until I finally start to calm down.

I recognize the voice, "Steve," I say shakily, he looks up from where his head is nestled in my shoulder.

"Your okay, I got you." I turn slightly, tears still running down my face. I can tell he's worried about me, he has a right to be. Another tear falls and he wipes it away with his thumb. I stifle another sob and he just pulls me in close, this time I burry my entire face into the space between his shoulder and his neck. I cry into his shoulder for a while longer until I finally calm down enough and pull away.

I look into his eyes, worry is clearly there. His blue orbs search mine until I lean forward just enough for our lips to touch. He kisses me back until I finally pull away. I look at the clock on the other side of the room, 5:14, no point in going back to sleep now.

"Do you want to get breakfast now?" He asks me, clearly reading my mind. I smile at him and wipe my eyes, I nod my head and he kisses my forehead heading back to his room to get ready quickly, but not before he gives me one last look from the door, he winks at me and closes it behind him.

I head over to my bathroom where I have a quick shower, hoping to wipe off the nightmare. I change into some black jeans, a red t-shirt and a black leather jacket before I head over to the door. I take a deep breath and open it.

Walking towards me is none other, then Steve Rogers. He smiles at me, grabs my hand, and we head towards the elevator.

A/N

OK so I know this is a late update and I'm really sorry but I really just didn't feel like editing this, and if I don't edit there are gonna be like a million mistakes, I hope this was alright. Poor Nat:(

-agirlwholikesmarvel1