Part 35

Natasha's POV:

Steve left the tower around 8 this morning, there isn't any training until 9 so I sit on the couch with Wanda talking about nothing in particular when out walks Peter, he's wearing his usual sweat pants and oversized hoodie and walks like a zombie out the elevator. I chuckle at him, Wanda does the same.

"Give me a break, it's Sunday." Peter slumps down on a stool at the kitchen island and puts his head down on the counter, it looks like he's about to fall back asleep.

"Honestly I'm just surprised you're down here at," I check the time on my phone, "8:48 when Tony isn't dragging you anywhere."

Wanda tries to get his attention, "Peter, Peter! Parker get up!" She yells that last bit and Peter jolts up, surprisingly he didn't jump onto the ceiling. Peter grumbles something and heads into the kitchen, sticking his head into the fridge even though he knows there is no food in there.

"Someone needs to buy some food!" He says when he slams the door close, "And not pop-tarts, real food. Something I can eat for breakfast." We stare at him from the couch, there is a box of cereal sitting right in front of him. He mumbles something about being sick of cereal before grabbing a bowl and the milk from the fridge and pouring cereal then milk.

Wanda and I chat for another couple minutes before I convince her to get the wheels from Stark so I don't have to use the crutches all day, when she gets back with them I put them on my cast and head towards the elevator.

I walk into training room level 2, I was told that the recruits were moved up and I'm not convinced they should have been. "Listen up," I say when I open the door to the room. "I know I've been gone for 2 months, thanks to a certain someone, but as far as I'm concerned you're all still helpless little newbies who don't know how to do anything." They look from me to each other to back me. "Ring, now. Line up." They starts to move to the ring, once they are all in a line the first person gets into the ring.

"Um, aren't you going to get in?" She asks me, there's a slightly confused look on her face.

"Rogers has already threatened all of your lives if I get in that ring, so unless you want either of us to be murdered by a super soldier I think I better stay out here." I cross my arms over my chest and nod for the next person to get in the ring with her.

I ring the bell and they start to fight, their form isn't too bad but it doesn't last long before their punches get sloppy and one of them is pinned to the ground. The next come up and it goes like that for a while before I set them up in the simulations, I put them in random ones and have them on repeat for the next half hour, waiting for someone to beat it. Eventually someone does and I dismiss her, everyone else looks annoyed but goes back quickly to what they were doing. 20 minutes later they look like they are going to pass out so I let them go for the day, telling them the most encouraging words they are going to get out of me for a while.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." I smile at them as they leave the room and head to the elevator. I go to the private elevator heading back up to the common room where I face plant directly onto the couch, my face landing right beside Wanda's leg.

I lift my head up and roll over on the couch, Wanda raises an eyebrow at me, "They're helpless. Even Sam's better than them." I smirk, earning an offended 'Hey!' from across the room. "Oh please, you couldn't even stop Scott when he came and said 'Hi, I'm Scott!' I'm not even sure you're worth fighting for." He glares at me, I glare back at him. I win the contest when he finally looks away, I smirk in my victory.

Wanda puts down her book and turns on the tv, I scooch down slightly so that my head is now resting in her lap. I turn my head to watch the tv as Wanda plays with my hair. We watch the tv for a few minutes before the elevator doors open.

"Wanda, are you trying to steal my girlfriend?" Steve asks as he walks into the room.

I turn my head so I can see Wanda's reaction, "I'm not trying, Cap. I am." She smiles at him while I smirk at him wiggle my eyebrows.

Steve narrows his eyes at Wanda, there are 2 things that he could do next and I can't tell which one he is going to chose.

Steve's POV:

My eyes lock on Natasha's head on Wanda's lap, "Wanda, are you trying to steal my girlfriend?" I ask her as I step closer to the two on the couch. Nat turns her head away from the tv so she can see both Wanda and I.

Wanda's been spending too much time with Nat lately, "I'm not trying, Cap. I am." I have to hold in a laugh as Tash wiggles her eyebrows at me. Instead I focus in on Wanda.

I step closer to the couch. I pick Nat up bridal style and she yells out in surprise. "Mine." I say to Wanda which just makes Natasha throw her head back and laugh more.

I bring Nat to the elevator as she yells over my shoulder to one of her 'platonic soulmates', whatever that is. I bring Tasha to my room and place her on my couch before grabbing us both a glass of water and coming back to the couch.

I tell her about what happened at Shield HQ, how Fury had me cooped up in an office and how I don't know why I couldn't just do all of that paperwork at home. I tell her how Maria got coffee spilled all over her by some pour intern and I tell her all the gossip I heard while at headquarters before she tells me how all the recruits are doing. She tells me how it took 30 minutes for someone to beat a simulation, they were apparently on level 1 but I'm not sure I believe her on that part.

"Wait you didn't get in the ring did you?" I ask her as I stop fiddling with her hair and look deeper into her emerald eyes.

She shakes her head, "No I didn't. You are going to have to explain to them that-" She cuts herself off when she sees the look on my face. She chuckles slightly. We fall back into a light hearted conversation before Natasha says, "Oh, I got an email from the hospital earlier today."

I give her a worried look, "Is everything okay? What did it say?" I start to panic a little bit which makes her smile at me.

"Everything's fine, Steve." She places a hand on my knee to try to calm me down, "It just said that there was one more set of tests that they are waiting on and they will call me as soon as the results come in." The worried look doesn't leave my face. She sighs slightly and gives me a small smile. "Everything's going to be fine, Steve."

I look into her eyes, "I know," I open my mouth to say something else but Natasha's phone rings.

She picks up the phone without looking at who it is, answering it she says, "This is Romanoff."

A/N

Honestly don't know where I'm going with this but you'll see i guess:) I'm going to pretend to sleep now even though i wont fall asleep for like 2 hours, have a good day/night depending on where you are in the world:D

-agirlwholikesmarvel1