Part 34

Tony's POV:

I pull up the picture, I see Natasha's face go pale and Cap with an extremely confused look on his face. "Care to explain this, Romanoff?" I hand the tablet to Steve.

Natasha clears her throat before she starts, "That would be a picture of me tearing apart a pillow while falling off my bed at 3 in the morning." Cap gives her a look.

"Oh, so that's your foot flying through the air." Steve points to a certain place on the screen, Natasha nods her head. "Wait you rolled off your bed at 3am?!" It just hits him what she said, his face goes from confusion to realization to worry in the span of 3 seconds.

Nat pats his back before making her way over to the couch and propping her leg up on some pillows, yelling over her shoulder for Steve to pass her a bagel. I roll my eyes at the couple before heading out of the room to find Pepper.

I walk up towards her office where I find a note sitting on her desk with my name on it. I pick it up and start to read it.

Something happened at Shield, distribution wise, had to head in. DO NOT let Morgan have any ice cream she's had too much recently. I'll be back by 3. - Pep xxx

I sigh putting the letter back down on her desk and sitting down at the computer. I type in my password and work on a couple of projects as I don't want to go back to my lab for this one thing. I work for a little while before I look up at the clock, 2:49, Pepper should be back soon.

"Hey, Fri is Pepper on her way back?" It's about a half hour drive from Shield HQ if you go the speed limit.

"She is 12 minutes away sir," Friday responds, I thank her and leave the office heading back to the common room where Steve, Natasha, Sam, and Bucky are very aggressively playing Mario Kart on the wii.

"NATALIA I SWEAR TO THOR IF YOU THROW THAT BLUE SHELL!" Bucky yells as he bounces on a mushroom. "Nononononononono DAMN IT NAT"

Natasha smirks as she passes him, turning into the cave and expertly gets the bounce bonus as she hits the first mushroom. Cap aims and throws a green shell hitting Wario and gives him enough of an opportunity to knock into Sam as he is midair on a mushroom. Sam curses, earning him a "Language" from everyone in the room except Steve. He catches up to Nat, getting another green shell from a mystery box he aims and my eyes widen as he presses the trigger 1.5 seconds before Natasha hits the finish line. Toad spins around and Natasha yells when Steve passes her effectively beating her and earning a pillow being chucked at his head. He cries out when it hits him square in the face making Nat smirk once again before handing her remote to Wanda.

"Have you guys been playing Mario Kart all day?" I ask no one in particular.

"No," Natasha replies, "We were watching a movie but then Laura and the kids came in saying they were going home so we turned off the tv and chatted for a bit. Then Clint walked in and they said goodbye before leaving, then Wanda and Bucky came in and that's when we started playing Mario Kart." She summarizes their entire day, I stare at her for a moment.

"So you did play Mario Kart all day." Red shrugs her shoulders as the next race starts.

"I guess so," She says turning her attention back to the tv as Steve yells something about how Mario cheats. Sam gets knocked off of the track, throwing a red shell at Wanda right before he's fully off. Wanda grunts before using her magic to throw Sam's controller out of his hands.

"Hey!" Sam yells, "You can't do that, that's cheating! Steve, Wanda cheated!" He scurries over to where his remote is sitting on the ground.

"Sam don't tattle, Wanda don't cheat." Is all Steve says before Clint passes the finish line for the third time and beating everyone. "Clint I swear, no one can beat you." Steve puts his remote down on the coffee table and leans back on the couch, putting an arm around Natasha's shoulders and kissing her cheek. Barton scrunches his nose and Barnes gags at the action.

I pick up his remote and chose Rainbow Road, everyone complains that I chose that one but I tell them all to shut up. Truth is, I've been practicing. I know all the short cuts to every track and I know what angle to jump at to skip as much of this track as possible. Somehow it's still not enough to beat Clint.

Natasha's POV:

After everyone in the tower had a chance to play we all headed our separate ways, Steve and I head to my room where I take a bath while Steve clicks through the channels on the tv. When I come out wearing sweatpants and one of Steve's t-shirts he smiles at me and motions for me to come join him on the couch. My hair is still damp and hangs down on my face as I prop up my one leg on the ottoman while snuggling the rest of my body close to Steve's. He holds me tight and kisses my hair, asking what I want to watch. I shrug and we scroll through Netflix for a while before we end up with Inside Out, not my favourite movie but Steve seemed to enjoy it and that's what matters.

Steve went down and got us dinner shortly after the movie ended and we ate it on the couch while talking about how much I want to go back to work. Most of this conversation was me trying to convince Steve to go back to work. Eventually he gave in and told me he would head to Shield HQ at some point tomorrow. I smile at him and tell him that I will head down to the newbies training session and try to make them half decent. Steve gives me a look.

"Alright, fine!" I put my hands up in surrender, "I won't do any of the training but I will be the one training them. I swear to god Steve I have to do something. If I spend one more day on that couch playing Mario Kart with Clint I'm going to go insane." He smiles at me, seeming to enjoy my suffering.

"If you get into that ring I will hurt anyone who touches you." Steve warns me, I can tell he isn't joking as his smile faded slightly and his eyes have lost a small bit of their sparkle.

"I know, baby. I'll stay out of the ring." I give him a small smile and he returns it, his crystal blue eyes sparkle again as he leans in to kiss me. One of my hands goes to his hair, the other one wrapping around his neck, Steve puts one hand on my face while holding me close by the waist. We break apart when we both run out of air, I lean my head on Steve's chest and he kisses my hair. "I love you," I say looking back up at him.

Steve kisses my forehead, "I love you too, Nat," I smile at him before we make our way over to the bed and turn in for the night.

A/N

Alright I left it on a bit of a cliffhanger last time and then made it just be something stupid but it was either that or Sharon comes back from the dead and I'm not that mean...or am i?

-agirlwholikesmarvel1