Part 25

Steve's POV:

Once the news feed was turned on I immediately recognized Natashas car, Stark wouldn't let me drive as I was 'unfit' and 'panic filled' so I eventually gave up and got in the passengers seat. Most of the other Avengers are in cars behind us, all heading to the same place.

My head is resting against the window as Tony pulls off of the highway, I lift my head up a couple minutes later when he pulls into the hospital. I can't take this anymore, I need her. I need her to be okay.

He parks right outside the hospital, I jump out of the car before it's even stopped and run inside to the nurses station. Tony runs after me, too make sure I don't do anything stupid. I walk up to the nurse behind the counter as calmly as I can, I say, "I'm here to see Natasha Romanoff."

The nurse looks her up in the system before she shakes her head, "I'm sorry sir, theres no one named Natasha Romanoff in my system." I'm gonna start going crazy in a minute, Tony knows it.

"I'm guessing Peter only gave you Natasha?" He says beside me. "Red hair, green eyes. She was wearing black leggings and a blue hoodie this morning. Came in about half an hour ago, car taken out by a semi."

The nurse gives him a dumbfound look. "You want to tell me where she is now?" I say looking her in the eyes.

"She's in CT.  She has a massive head trauma." She says looking back between Tony and I.

"And what about Peter Parker? The kid she came in with?" Tony says taking charge again.

"I can't disclose the medical information of a minor to anyone who isn't directly blood connected or their legal guardian." She keeps looking between us, clearly figuring out where she recognizes us from.

"Lucky for you I'm his legal guardian." Tony says beside me. I give him a confused look. "His parents are dead, his aunt died little more than a year ago, I became legal guardian somehow it's a long story." He waves it off like it's nothing.

A doctor walked up at some point during the conversation, "Peter has a major concussion and a shattered shoulder, he's gonna need surgery to correct it. He had a large piece of glass in his leg which we removed and cleaned up. He should be okay but we need to keep him here for a few days while he recovers." The doctor says making us look at him. "I'm not sure about Natasha but I can get an update for you, how do you guys know her?"

"She's my girlfriend." I say, Tony has gone pale beside me.

"Roommate? Is that how you would describe our relationship? Also co-workers, teammates, and the person who designs everything and pays for everything and makes everybody look cooler." I chuckle slightly at Tony's response, I know he's just trying to make me feel better but I look at the floor instead and study the doctors shoes.

The doctor nods and leaves, I walk over to a chair in the waiting room and sit down. My head in my hands. Tony is now on the phone and is pacing back and forth but I don't listen to what he's saying. I block out all sound from the outside world.

Tony's POV:

After the doctor walked away and Steve sat down first I called Pepper to give her an update on Peter. Then I called Fury so he can start trying to find whoever hit them and maybe set something up so that no one really finds out we are here.

"Nat's got some internal injuries, broken femur, slight brain bleed, and a dislocated shoulder." I tell him into the phone while looking  at the screen in front of me, I knew as soon as we got there that they weren't going to just give us the information so I very easily hacked into their systems and found Nat's file.

Fury is silent for a moment, "Damn it," he says quietly. "Keep me updated, Stark." He regains his composer and then hangs up.

I sit down beside Steve who looks like he's going to pass out any second now. "She's gonna be okay, Steve." I look over at him he doesn't look up. Doesn't even blink. It's like he's in his own little world, I watch him for a while and he doesn't move a muscle.

After probably 20 minutes of sitting there a doctor comes up to us, "Hi, I'm Dr Amelia Shepard and this is Dr Meredith Grey. We're some of Natasha's surgeons." Steve looks up at her when she says this. "Natasha has a serious brain bleed that will need to be drained and patched as soon as possible."

"She also has some internal bleeding in her abdomen, she's going to need exploratory surgery to find the source and stop it." The other doctor says. Steve nods and goes back to looking at the floor. "You can come see her before surgery but only one of you can go." Steve immediately stands up and looks the doctors in the eyes. "Okay then, let's go." Dr Grey seems to have a little bit of speculation but lets it go when she see's the clear expression on Steve's face.

They leave the room and a few minutes later Peter's doctor comes up to me. "Peter is out of surgery, you can come see him now if you want." I nod, most of the other Avengers are here now and Shield agents are covering all of the exits. I see him look around the room. I gesture for him to follow me and he does. "What's going on here? Your Tony freaking Stark, according to the media you have one kid why are you here for another? And why are his labs so weird?" He lowers his voice at that last part.

"I'm afraid that's confidential." I say looking him in the eyes. "Most of that anyway. I'm Peter's legal guardian as his Aunt and I were very close and when she died I took him in." That last bit is a lie, May and I weren't close but the kid had nowhere else to go. Besides everyone in the tower loves him, Morgan, the Avengers, the damn Shield agents love him. I put my hands in my pockets. "Now, can I see the kid?" He  nods and leads me down a hallway and turns into the paediatric ICU.

We turn into Peter's room, he's just waking up from the anesthesia. "Hey, kid." I smile at him. He smiles back, the doctor leaves the room and closes the door. "How you feeling?" I walk over to the side of his bed.

"Not bad." He says, I give a look. "Bad," he says, I laugh a little at him. I sit down in the chair next to him.

"Don't do that." He gives a confused look, "Don't scare me like that again Pete. Morgan needs another kid in the tower." I add that last part with a smile, he smiles back and winces a little as he forgets about his arm and tries to sit up in bed. I give him a stern look, daring him to try.

"Hey, hows Nat?" He asks me, of course he would want to know. I sigh and watch his eyes well up with tears as I tell him.

A/N

First of all thank you so much for 2.1k reads and #1 in romanogers that is literally insane! Thank you to everyone who's read the first few crappy chapters and voted it means the world to me.

I know this one is really short and I'm sorry but it seemed like a good place to end it.

-agirlwholikesmarvel1