What's Really Happening Here?

I'm going to purposely start replacing some things from the books and movies with other events that fit Selene and nicely insert her into the timeline. Also, I'm going to have this thing where houses can sit with each other as long as they have permission.

                            ~September 8th, 1995~

Three days had passed since that first night of detention left me scarred and broken. There was nothing that Luna could do to remove the scars that were reopened when I went back into Umbridge's office despite the protests in my head telling me not to. It's not as if I had much of a choice.

Luna and I made a habit out of walking to our field full of flowers every morning. Every now and then she would have to reapply the numbing charm to ensure that my hand didn't suddenly erupt in a fiery pain. She gave my injury a little kiss every time that she would do this.

Umbridge was becoming power hungry. Heck, there were even rumors that she was going to be placed in a higher position than she was already in. I had never met the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher before her, nor did I understand why they left, but I felt bad knowing that they were most likely wondering why they would give up their position to this waste of oxygen.

All of this was racing through my mind as I was chewing breakfast. The fact that the bacon was almost flavorless to me was of no surprise. To say the least, my first year at Hogwarts wasn't off to the the best start.

At least I had Luna.

She was quietly eating her eggs and reading from the latest edition of the Quibbler (curiously upside down), something that I knew nothing about. I wasn't one to keep track of the news anyways. I moved closer and looked down at the flipped pages to be polite.

I smiled sweetly. "Anything happening?"

Luna turned to face me and returned the smile.

"Oh yes," she responded, "There is quite a stir in the Ministry lately."

I pondered on this for a moment. It made sense, at least from my perspective. While I didn't know much about what was happening in the Ministry's self serving ranks, I was sure that something must be amiss for them to insert Umbridge into our lives.

I smirked when I remembered that I would be spending another day today without her. It felt good knowing that my schedule had finally been fixed and set. I felt immense pleasure knowing that I would have minimal contact with Umbridge: Once in the morning on Tuesdays, and once in the morning on Wednesdays.

It was a horrible way to start a day, but I can at least pretend to enjoy it.

Screw her and that theoretical knowledge.

Whatever hateful train of thought I had was broken by the sight of a trio (Harry, Hermione, and an unfamiliar redhead) sitting down at our table. I glanced down at the robes they were wearing. Gryffindor. I gave myself an internal smile. At least Gryffindors were nice.

"Hello Luna! Hello Selene!" Hermione's curly hair bounced as she greeted us. Harry smiled his greeting and the redhead simply waved. I decided to say hello myself.

I extended my hand towards the boy I've never seen before. "M-my name is Selene, p-pleasure to meet you!" I stuttered. I silently cursed at myself for being bad around people as usual. It was a personality quirk that I needed to lose.

The boy introduced himself as Ron Weasley. So he's the one who was supposed to escort me to the castle?

"So," he finally started to converse. I waited patiently for the rest of his sentence. "You're the infamous Selene? Hermione can't keep her mouth shut abo-" Ron was interrupted by an abrupt smack to the side of his head. The source was the brown haired witch herself.