The Angel and the Army Pt. 2

Continuation of the first part!

Neville raised his hand to speak. Hermione made her first movement in minutes by rolling her eyes and shaking her head, either annoyed that he was the only one that bothered to ask permission or the fact that he was probably going to praise Harry some more. By now she had realized her mistake from the beginning, and I could plainly see the sympathetic looks that she kept giving her messy-haired friend.

"You might as well, Neville," she sighed, "Everyone else is." He smiled and turned to the entire group.

"In our first year, he recovered the Sorcerous Stone thingy-"

"Sorcerer's Stone," Hermione corrected, even more exasperation leaking into her voice.

"-yeah, the Sorcerer's Stone," he didn't sound completely convinced that was the name, but he finished, "From You-Know-Who."

The surprise and impression from before were now replaced with pure amazement. Eyes were bulged and mouths were agape. Who was this boy that did so many impossible things in those few years alone?

I found myself seeing Harry with a new form of respect. Not the kind that everyone else was worshiping him with, but a respect that symbolized how much more I was beginning to trust him with our mission. If anyone else was as worthy as he was to teach us these things, I certainly couldn't think of them.

I doubt that any of the teachers could have ever hoped to accomplish what him and his friends have in such a short time, that's for sure.

Cho sat up straight and smiled at everyone as a whole. A few people noticed and turned to look at her, sure that she was going to give them all yet another reason why the cause was worth backing.

"It's kind of hard to forget all of the tasks he completed during the Triwizard Tournament last year too. Let's see, he faced..." She drifted off in thought, "That dragon, a Hungarian Horntail if I'm not mistaken, the merpeople in the Black Lake, acromantulas, among other things."

Harry looked uncomfortable for some reason, like he wanted to say something but found it hard to spit out. He swallowed a few times and put on a straight face.

"Everyone, I-" he stopped when everyone fell silent almost immediately upon him speaking. He must have been surprised at how easy it was to gain their attention now that he had their faith.

"Everyone, I'm not trying to sound modest or anything-" a chuckle from Zacharias, silenced by a fierce glare from Ron, "-but I had help with pretty much all of that stuff."

"What sort of help did you have with the dragons? Seems to me like it was more of your amazing flying skills than anything else," Michael Corner quickly said.

"I, er, yeah-"

"No one helped you against those dementors either," Susan chimed in from her previous silence. She hadn't said anything for several minutes and I had come close to forgetting that she was even there.

"Alright," Harry conceded, "Maybe I did bits and pieces without help, but that's not the-"

Zacharias raised his hand as Neville did before, though more in mockery than actual politeness. "You aren't going to try and weasel your way out of showing us these things, are you?" He said with a very fake smile.

"How about this?" Ron snarled, his first words in a while, "How about you just shut up for once?" I covered my mouth in stifled laughter. Luna gently and playfully nudged me, her usually calm eyes lit up with humor. I must say, it felt really good to hear the annoying Hufflepuff being put back into his place.