-20-

Warning: Sexual Content

The next weekend came around and I was getting ready to visit my father's grave. I had decided not to buy a green dress this time. I was set on moving on, and not only listening to my mother and Jen, but my heart as well. It had been too long since his death, and I couldn't continue to live in the past.

"You ready?" Jen asked me as she came around to my bedroom doorway with her car keys in hand.

I took in a long and deep breath as I stared at myself in the mirror above my dresser. "Yeah. Let's go."

I followed her down the stairs. The whole house was quiet and empty. My mother was gone and I had no idea where she went, but I knew she wasn't at work. My nerves kicked in and a hard lump formed in my throat. There was always something about today that made me feel weak.

Jen and I got into her car and drove off, making our way to the cemetery. When we arrived, she told me she would wait for me in the car, and to call her if I need anything.

I exited out and I slowly made my way to my father's stone. The tears were already flowing, and I couldn't control them. Just the thought of knowing my father's body was in a box underground made my heart wrench. I sat down on the grass in front of his stone and I released a shaky breath.

The skies were gray and there was a slight cool breeze blowing that dried my tears for me. I wanted to say a few words to my father. I wanted to tell him that I missed him, that I was moving on but I would never forget him, that I want to be able to make him proud, but all I could do was sit there in silence. I heard the sound of leaves rustling, and suddenly I felt the presence of someone or something.

On high alert, I sprung to my feet and I looked around. My panicked eyes scanned my surroundings, and my heart began racing as fast as it had ever raced before. My palms began growing sweaty and my body began to shiver.

"Rebecca.." I heard a familiar voice call out from behind me, and I gasped as I quickly spun around to see Keith and Kaleb standing there. My eyes welled up with tears as I stared at them in shock, disbelief, joy and anger. Something about them seemed different, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I continued to stand there while they both took a few steps closer to me.

"We missed you," Keith said with softness in his voice as he pulled me into a hug. I wanted to get angry with them for leaving me for so long, but I couldn't bring myself to it. Instead, I ended up melting into Keith's arms and laying my head on his chest. After a while, Keith pulled away and I was embraced by Kaleb. I missed both of their embraces and it felt comforting to finally be able to be in their arms.

We heard footsteps approach us and Kaleb and I stepped back from each other and all three of us turned our heads. Jen was standing there with a soft smile on her face. "Did you know they were going to return?" I asked her, curious of her answer. She sighed happily as she crossed her arms over her waist. A classic Jennifer pose.

"I received the news today before we came," she answered and I nodded my head. I couldn't hide the excitement I had. The corners of my mouth were soon growing sore from the smile on my face that wouldn't go away.

I turned back to the Korren brothers and I clasped my hands together and held them up against my chest. "We have so much to catch up on. Let's not waste any time!" I grabbed Kaleb's hand with right and Keith's with my left and dragged them away from my father's grave and toward the exit of the cemetery.

***

Keith, Kaleb and I were huddled up in a circle all sitting on the floor of my bedroom. Jen and Debby went out together and I was nervous for their return. I kept worrying if Jen was going to spill the secret to Debby and if she did, I was anxious on how Debby would take the news. Besides my worries, I had just finished catching the Korren brothers up on everything that has happened while they were gone, including finding out that Jen and Josh were mates.