-15-

Dear Readers,
Just want to say a quick thank you for reading and supporting this story.
And sorry if there are any mistakes right now, I'll be going back and fixing them at a later time.
Thank you.

I awoke to the sounds of Keith and Kaleb arguing with each other. My vision was blurry at first but after a while, it became clear as I stared up at the ceiling. I looked around and noticed we were in Keith's bedroom. Straight ahead, Jen was sitting in a loveseat in the corner with her right leg crossed over her left and her arms folded over her chest. She was watching the brothers carefully as they stood in front of each other in the middle of the room, glaring at one another.

"You could've killed her! What were you thinking?!" Kaleb yelled out and Keith sighed as he hung his head low in disappointment.

"I know.. that was my fault, I admit. But because of her, we were able to beat down those werewolves." Keith responded quietly. Kaleb wanted to say something, but all he did was raise his finger at Keith and then turn his head away from him.

"I'm so bored watching you two continuously bicker over something so unimportant. Besides the girl, we have more serious matters to discuss. Our actions have costed our clan. We must prepare for a larger war in the future." Jen stands to her feet and takes a few steps closer to them. She places a hand on her waist and pushes her long hair to the back with her other hand. "Zach escaped with injuries, and he's definitely heading to the head werewolf clan to inform them of our little scuffle we had."

I slowly sat up in the bed, curious about what she was talking about. Keith and Kaleb rushed to each of my sides as soon as they saw me awake. Jen came to the end of the bed, looking at me with dead eyes. She was definitely hard to read, and I wasn't sure what she was thinking as she stared at me.

"How are you feeling?" Kaleb asked as he moved some hair out of my face and pushed it behind my ear.

"Rebecca, please forgive me," Keith said in a sad tone of voice. I gave him a reassuring smile as I gently placed a hand on the side of his face.

"Guys, I'm okay, I feel fine. Don't blame yourself, Keith, I'm not mad at you. I honestly was glad I could help," I told him as I gave him a hug first before I gave Kaleb one too. "And thank you," I glanced right at Jen when I said that.

"I'm going to say this once, just to get this out in the open. I'll respect you because you are their mate, but I dislike humans. It'll take a lot more than giving up your blood to gain my trust. Keith and Kaleb called me over to be your bodyguard, and that is all I will be. Don't expect a friendship," she stated harshly. I could feel the coldness radiating off of her. She went back to sit in the loveseat in the corner and avoided eye contact with me.

"And before you ask, I've already informed Debby that you are okay. She wanted me to let you know to meet her back at your house when you can. She definitely sounded like she wanted answers," Kaleb told me and I let out a sigh. I grew anxious, unsure if I wanted to finally tell Debby the truth or not.

"Okay, thank you.." I responded softly.

"Are you going to tell her?" Keith asked as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it to provide me some comfort. His touch gave me warmth even though his skin was so cold.

"I might have to. There's no way I could lie about this anymore, especially since what happened today. I just need to think about how I'm going to bring this up to her." I peered down at my arm to see the bite mark was still there from earlier. I suddenly thought how I can show her the bite as proof.

"We could go with you if you need us to," Keith suggested but I shook my head.

"No, but I do have someone in mind who can help out." Josh came to mind. I was hoping I could convince him to assist me when I reveal everything to Debby. I pulled the covers off of me as I slid out of the bed onto my feet. "I'm going to go back to my house now. I'll see you guys at school, right?"