Oriavale City

So, it's been awhile since I've added any new parts to this RP book. Honestly I'm surprised to find myself writing this, but this idea has been swimming around in my mind for the past week. I suppose I'm taking influence from books or TV shows. Maybe a little bit from both, but I'm just going to role with it and write this so I can at least get it out of my head and onto some kind of platform. If you're interested in joining you know the drill just fill out the form below and I'll let you know if you're accepted or not. 

*Forewarning: I do take extended leaves of absences because of my personal  life. I have responsibilities that take priorities. Sometimes it sucks, but it's something that we all have to deal with. 

___

To me this city has always offered a challenge at every turn so when I was told the rumors I wasn't too surprised, but still... they're just rumors I suppose. Rumors that travel through the youths around the city normally turned out to be false. Take last week for example, Lisa Harlem stated that she seen some figure digging up a grave in Runestone Cemetery. Low and behold when the police went to investigate there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. In fact it looked like there hadn't even been a burial bed there to begin with. Or at least there was no headstone indicating that. Everyone just assumed she had stayed out too late and had seen one of the workers tending to their graveyard shift. Quite literally. 

And then they was Braxton Faith who claimed that he had developed the ability to read minds. Yeah right, like that was possible. That was just enough to make us all believe that he belonged in some kind of psych ward. Which, coincidently is what happened as he was never heard from again. My point is that though people said their was something weird going on in the city no one could actually prove it and life always went on as normal because what else could be done? This wasn't any Marvel movie or Hollywood flick this was real life where, really, nothing out of the ordinary happened. 

Life went on just like it does everywhere else all over the world. Adults went to work and the children went to school. Or, at least most did, I can't speak for everyone. After-all, it's not like I'm choosing to attend some preppy, private city school. Who had the time when you're doing everything you can do to get by. Things I rather not list in person in case some law enforcement team ever finds this. Ha, wouldn't that be a treat. 

___ 

Most rumors fade, most turn out to be false, but when one refuses to vanish. When you can't look away and you can't fight fate what more can you do but stare at it in the face? The 20th of November, 2043, the day the pier suddenly imploded like gravity pulled all that force into one spot. No one could look away from the twenty some year old that stood in the middle of it. Standing with his arm outstretched as the newest rollercoaster crumbled and caved like it was made of nothing but tin foil. There was no way that anyone, no matter how powerful, could cover that up. It traveled like wildfire. Powers, like something no one had seen before. Like out of a comic book, a fantasy, only with no special effects. It was no ruse. It was real. I can't understand what happened that day. I don't know what kind of team took that kid away, but after that everyone was on edge. They accused innocent people of harboring these powers, or harboring these people in safehavens. That was considered betrayal to the city, to its people. People with these powers were not welcomed that was made clear. Fear is an ugly thing that makes people do terrible things. Things like send these... metahumans? to their deaths or worse. No one knows for sure. 

___

People with powers live their lives doing their best to blend in among the normals. They are unaware where these powers originate or how they work, but there's no denying they exist. So we have a choice, try to blend in and live our lives or stand out and risk being killed.
___

(It's been awhile so don't judge me too hard)

- Form - As always the * are optional. 

Name: 

Gender: 

Age/Birthdate:  

Race/ethnicity: 

Normal or powers:

if powers what type?: (must be limited to one)

Physical Description:

----

Skills/Talents:

Strengths: 

Weaknesses:

Personality: 

*sexuality: 

*occupation(s):

*Family/Relationships:

*Backstory:

____ Example ____

- Form - 

Name: Luciana "Light" Cruz 

Gender: Female

Age/Birthdate: 17 (May 19, 2026)

Race/ethnicity: Latina mix

Normal or powers: Powers (newly developed)

if powers what type?: Light, energy projection

Physical Description: Light is a average height girl of half Latina heritage. She has tan skin and dark brown hair, which is a similar color to her eyes. She tends to wear tops that are a bit on the bigger side with a pair of black ripped jeans and combat boots. 

----

Skills/Talents: 
- Lockpicking 
- Athletics 
- Cooking 
- Outwitting potential picks

Strengths:
- Intellect
- Endurance
- Streetsmarts 

Weaknesses:
- Short tempered
- Lone wolf type
- Sensitive to her past life
- Fear of the dark

Personality: Light tends to be on the arrogant side. Since she lives alone in the city she learned to only rely on herself by any means necessary. She can be a law abiding citizen by day, but at night all that goes out the window when she needs to get stuff done. She loves outwitting her opponents to steal what she needs. However, she has a soft spot when it comes to kids in her situation. 

*sexuality: Bisexual

*occupation(s): Daytime Barista, night time thief. 

*Family/Relationships: She doesn't like to talk about it

*Backstory: All that she tells people is that she lived in the city since she turned fourteen. As it stands no one knows anything about the family that raised her. Light had been there when the pier episode happened, but refused to believe anything like that could ever happen to her until the night that light was suddenly forming in her hands.

----

Name: Embry Grace Halifax

Gender: Female

Age/Birthdate: 16, October 23

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Normal/Powers: Normal/no powers 

Physical Description: Embry is a short statured girl with a slightly stocky body type. She has medium length red hair and soft green eyes. She has freckles dotting her cheeks and across her nose. Embry's attire changes with what she can find, but she always has her signature pair of red lace up shoes. 

Skills/Talents: 
- Basic mechanical knowledge 
- Basic medical knowledge
- Cooking
- Bilingual

Strengths:
- Mental fortitude 
- Determination 
- Physical strength

Weaknesses: 
- Family 
- not putting her own safety into priority 

Personality: Embry has two sides to her. The side her employers see, the stubborn girl who won't back down and the soft side her brother sees. When home she shows nothing but love and concern to him. She often takes up the mother role due to not having one in their life. 

Occupations: Lackey for one of the thugs in the city

Backstory:
When Embry was seven her mother passed away due to illness leaving her and her younger brother in the care of their father, whom left them when she turned thirteen leaving no note or explanation. Now, she was all alone with a sibling to keep save. Desperate, she turned to under the table jobs to make money. It worked out for the longest time with both of them living in a beat down loft apartment in the harder part of the city. They were barely scraping by when her brother fell mysteriously ill just like her mother years prior. Embry poured all their savings to try to get him the help he needed. However, it ran out fast leaving them with hardly anything. Seeing no way out she turned to the "boss" of the street to beg him for a loan. Now she works for him as payment.