#Zalfie

/Write a scene where a(n) OTP spends a day at an animal shelter./

Post #5 : I Woof You!

They say that if you want to know more about the person you like then there are two ways to go about it:

(a) Ask about their childhood, favourite movies and their mother's maiden name, then login and read all their emails. Or,

(b) Take them to an animal shelter and observe them interact with all the little beings there.

Now, for me, the first option was an easy way out. I knew tons more than those pieces of information and with years of experience of intensive research about my favourite celebs, I had more stealth than a ninja at mission. But then... morals struck. Hard. And I started feeling guilty about something that I hadn't even done.

That's when I had to opt for the alternative. Calling bae up I told him that we'd be visiting the local animal shelter today. Of course on the pretense that I want to adopt one. The whole world knows just how much my mom supports the concept of pets.

On second thought ... what if he saw right through my lie .-. ? Why didn't I think of this earlier? God I'm such an idiot.

Don't hate on me guys but before this I'd never been to an animal shelter. As a kid I was always engrossed with books, even at that age I believed that I was in fact a princess and my royal parents would one day magically come and whisk me away (Princess Diaries obsession much, young me?) My family "bonding" times included baseball with dad or shopping with mom. Both which kind of stressed me out to be honest.

So, well, when I thought of animals shelters the image of worn out buildings and poor helpless little puppies came to my mind. I know, I know, that's very cruel of me.

Dressed up in a pair of comfy dungarees and my favourite vans, I was all set to go. I'd even shopped for a few treats and toys for the animals there.

Imagine my astonishment (Ooo, fancy word) when I parked outside a little cottage with a well-kept and trimmed front yard. I checked the address twice, just to be sure. But seeing bae standing near the porch, waiting for me, this definitely had to be the place.

Once we were through with all the formalities and paperwork, we both were given visitors' cards and a back-story on how the animal shelter came into being. The receptionist lady then took us down a small hallway and right into a huuuuuuuge room.

I must say, ever since I've started this blog, I've really started noticing the architecture and built of every building or place I visit. And this time was no exception. The place was designed and constructed so skilfully that it felt nothing like an animal shelter. In fact, it felt a lot more like home. Instead of the normal cages, there were tiny rooms/cubicles for each animal.

Personally, guys, I'm more of a dog person so forgive me for not having noticed the other animals more, but honestly, seeing those little pups and bigger dogs wag their tails happily when they saw bae and me approaching them made me emotional. We spent an entire day lazing around there. The only time that we were separate from the animals was when we had to have lunch, which we did with the other volunteers.

I learnt a lot about bae today (who knew that the Internet had some good ideas swarming around too? Ha!), if it wasn't through the discussions that we had while playing with the animals or loving them then it was by observing him act around the little pups or kittens or his interactions with the other visitors.

Whole in whole, I had a wonderful experience. By the time we were leaving I was sure that I wanted to adopt at least ten of those munchkins. The image of a particular boy laughing with his head hung back and a little pup sitting on his lap, watching him with his large black eyes, might have influenced me to that final decision there. Who wouldn't though?

I felt like I've missed out on a lot of fun in the past years by not visiting an animal shelter anytime and I plan on changing that soon by volunteering twice a month now. And as the writer of the blog I wish for you guys to try it some time as well. You don't even need someone to accompany you, that department is already taken care of by the cuties waiting for you to spend time with them. Trust me, it'll be one of the best decisions you've ever made.

That's all for today loves, please do give my advice a little thought.

I woof you all,
Sama xx

Ps. The 'dream girl' matter still remains unresolved and IT IS DRIVING ME UP THE WALLS! The dummy won't take any of my hints and it's really frustrating. Any tips to help your blogger girl here?

-------

52 thoughts on Post #5 . . .

{view all 52 comments}