#Annaton

/Write a scene where a(n) OTP meets for the first time at a coffee shop./

Post #3 : History really does repeat itself...

So it's me again guys! You really didn't think I'd stop writing, right? Because I'm serious about this. As serious as your physics teacher.

Back to today, well, it was eventful.

As expected my mom rushed into my room, tearing the curtains open and singing some insanely cheery tune. She's a psychiatrist, you see, and believes that if you start the day on a happy note then you'll have a super good day. Thanks for that mom but it only annoys me. And then everyone nicknames me Grumpy face.

Bae's (I can't just keep using 'him' for him, can I?) flight was scheduled for the afternoon and we had planned on meeting in the evening at this super cozy Caféville café (dumb name I know) that I'd once accidentally discovered. Which meant I had the morning free but not so free because I'd promised to help my elder brother in packing all his stuff and cleaning out his room.

I'm going to miss that doofus when he leaves for college. But that's not what this blog is about.

It felt like eons passed when we finally got the work done. By the time I grabbed a quick brunch my phone buzzed alive with a text from bae. It said- "Reached. Can't wait to meet you xx"

I think that's when the reality of this situation hit hard. The fact that I was going to meet someone whom I'd never met in real life, whom I'd only communicated via anything electronic and whom I'd been crushing over since a long time was actually going to be standing, sitting, laughing and just simply being himself in front of me made me feel weirdly happy. A sense of nervousness bubbled within me.

After receiving that text message I was restless, you know? I kept bouncing from place to place, couldn't sit quietly and kept making insanely impossible scenarios in my mind and the various ways I'd handle them. I mean I didn't want to look like a freak at the last moment so I'd obviously have to prepare for it, right? Need to make a nice first in-person impression after all.

I don't know guys, it's very hard to explain those pre-meeting moments. I can say so much on it and yet feel as if I've said so less and it'll all make no sense to you. If you've ever been in my shoes you'd understand. It's almost like meeting your favourite celebrity I'd say.

By the time I had to go get ready I was mentally prepared for alien abductions, zombie apocalypses, overly-cliché flirty waitresses and fangirl ovary bursts. I'd already selected my outfit the previous night (I bet you couldn't tell how excited I am about this whole ordeal) and all I had to do was jump into the shower and transform into the prim and proper girl I'm known to be. By the amount of preparation that went in it seemed as if I was attending a marriage and not going out for a 'casual' hangout with a friend. Keyword being casual.

I reached five minutes early. Sliding into the booth, I did what I do best and that is to look like an idiot.

Is it just me or does anyone else also happen to be at their clumsiest and silliest when they're in a crowded place? Please I really don't want to be the only one.

The café though has a dumb name has a smart owner who utilized every nick and corner of his store. With so much furniture and so less space to fit them in, the café seemed very spacious and homely. It even had the nice view of a quaint marketplace outside it's windows.

To while my time away I fiddled with my phone a bit. A waitress came up to me asking if I'd order anything which I politely refused saying I was waiting for someone. Ten minutes of waiting and I'd started fretting if this all was just a prank, when a pair of warm hands closed my eyes. Before I could guess who it was (because babyboo I already know who you) I felt the person breathe down my neck and then whisper something in my ear. And that definitely gave me the chills. And not those chick flick-mentioned giddy chills, they were the real shit-your-pants chills. I give you five seconds to guess what the words must be...

1..

2..

3..

4..

5...

Time's up!

He said and I quote, "Peek-a-boo, I gotchu." The images of last night's dream flashed through my head and all I could think was shit this is happening! This is it. I'm sorry X, Y, Z for not believing you. Ma, Pa I love you guys. God, give away my book collection to someone deserving please.

But then I heard him laugh and he let go of my face. That's when I had a quick glance at him. Boy oh boy, isn't the internet such a liar.

He was ten times more gorgeous in real life. He had the whole boy-next-door vibe to him with a beanie on his head and a scarf casually wound around his neck. And with every second he laughed I felt more cheesily in love with him.

Now you're probably going all "GET A GRIP OF YO HEAD, YOU GIRL! YOU JUST MET THE GUY!" on me but once again it's a 'been there, done that' moment.

Nothing more interesting happened for the rest of the hour that we spent. For the first few minutes we both felt awkward with me shuffling in my seat and him fake coughing every thirty seconds but when the waitress came again and this time sent a ten times brighter smile towards bae I knew I had to (wo)man up and shift my game a level up. By the time that man-stealer came back with our drinks we were doubling over with laughter at his little sister's epic moments (she's a cutie <3) and the latest fanfics we'd read.

We plan on meeting again tomorrow. It's been a nice start, let's see how it goes now. And sorry for the long post tonight. I'll try trimming it down from tomorrow, promise :)

Until tomorrow,                                                                                                                                       Sama xx

---------

7 thoughts on Post #3 -

>  @Zerrieaf : OMG you mentioned my babies!! Aaaahh ily <3

>> @hopelessenuf : @Zerrieaf They're life :P

> @ikilledcupid : Gurrrl... YOU BAE-D HIM! I'm so proud of you :')

>> @anonymousgirl : @ikilledcupid I second you.

>> @hopelessenuf : @ikilledcupid, @anonymousgirl ;)

> @gesus : I love your description.

>> @hopelessenuf : @gesus Thank you very much :D