Epilogue

.... you may not end up where you want to be, but you'll definitely end up where you're meant to be.

Keep believing,
Sama xx"

Nick stared at the screen. This wasn't his first time reading posts from Oh My Blog! He'd first found of it during his college days. At first he went through them to see what the hype was all about. But when the sequence of events in the posts started matching those of his well-cherished memories of a summer, he realised that it was not a mere coincidence.

He was disappointed to say at the least. It was not that he was ashamed of their relation or its short life. And it was not that he wanted to keep it a secret. In fact he'd been very open about it and politely refused blind dates set up by his friends with the explanation that he'd already found the one for him. But to have those memories posted up online, for everyone to read and judge and react to? He felt exposed. He felt vulnerable.

But even with the feelings of betrayal, he couldn't fight off the affection that his heart held for her. He wanted to hear about this from her. Hear her explanation for this. And maybe use it as an excuse to reconnect with her. He spent the night up brainstorming ways to approach her. Maybe a text? An email? Or should he go back to his long-forgotten Wattpad account and send her a message from there?

Imagine his shock when he bumped into her the next day! He wished to confront her then and there but was rudely interrupted. The green-eyed monster was swift to act and he regretted it the minute she left. However he held onto the promise of catching up later.

Luckily for them, they did get to meet up. They spent hours at a cafe, reminding him of the first time they met, sipping coffee and filling in each other with details of their lives. It turned out that the interrupter from the day before was her friend, Jake, who in fact wanted the number of Samara's cute high school friend.

He didn't forgive her antics overnight though. It took a few years but he finally saw her reasons. He didn't agree with the way of execution, especially since his name was out in one post, risking his privacy even more, but he understood the sentiment.  He was glad of that gradual development. It gave them time to grow, fight and learn together. And now she was his best friend.

He was happily settled in life now. A stable job, a warm house and a lovely, expecting wife. He still read through the posts from time to time. They kept him grounded in a weird way. They reminded him of the sparks a first love held. And also of the harsh reality it held - not everyone's first love is their only love.

He turned to look at his wife. They'd settled for a quiet-time date on this wintery night. She sat across from him, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket like a little burrito, a foot carelessly placed over his leg and her eyes glued to the television screen. Like a reflex his hand went to massage her foot. Her little smile didn't go missed by him. Oh how he loved to see those smiles.

"Babe," he broke the silence, "why won't you upload this last post? I prefer our blog ending on the happy note of marriage rather than a sad note of goodbyes and heartbreak."

She was his best friend.
And she was his lover.
Lucky him.