#Fangirls4lyf

/Write a scene where a(n) OTP gets shipped by their friends after teasing and fan-girling occurs./

Samara couldn't sleep a wink that night. Her mind kept replaying the previous evening's events. It almost felt like a dream sequence to her. And back then she thought that she was content with an almost-kiss but now, laying on her bed and listening to Taylor Swift sing in the background, she wished she could have had more.

She knew that all this thinking was going to lead to a severe headache the next morning, but she couldn't care any less about it. All she cared was how it felt to be in his arms when they danced and how it felt so right.

So damn right, almost like a court verdict. "Calm your damn hormones, Sam," she told herself.

As predicted, she woke up with a pounding headache. Well, that's what you get in return of 2 hours of sleep. On other such days she would've been grumpier than her usual morning self; but this was no other day, this was date-night-with-the-cute-crush day.

Even the thought of it made her squeal in excitement.

But before that she needed to go visit her best friend, Mariam. Ever since Nick arrived in town it was almost as if Samara had forgotten her bestie and that made her feel guilty. The ever sweet Mariam said that she understood Sama's position which only added to the guilt.

Sigh. What had she ever done to be friends with such a wonderful person?

After a quick shower and breakfast, Samara was soon skateboarding her way down to her friend's place. The moment the door opened she tackled Mariam into a tight hug, which ended with the duo sprawled out on the carpeted floor of the house.

"I missed you, Takli," Samara said with a grave expression. Mariam who till now had shared a similar expression narrowed her eyes at the nickname used for her.

With a sigh of exasperation she shook her head and said, "How many times do I tell you Sama? If I am Takli..." she grabbed a lock of her hair, "...then what do you call this?"

"Um... Not to burst your bubble Maliah, but that's my hair that you're holding."

"Oh."

"Yeaaaaah..."

There was a moment of awkward silence after that. The two still lay on the floor, Samara on top of Mariam. That was until they heard a throat being cleared.

"You two keep saying that there's nothing more than friendship between you but it's kind of hard to believe that right now," Mariam's mom said with a teasing smile.

Samara laughed at the same time when Mariam blushed and whined 'Maaaaa'. Getting up they both dusted themselves off.

This was second home for Sama and so she had no shame when she was over.Mariam's parents were like her own, maybe even more. Hugging Mariam's mom just reminded her of that.

"Ma we'll be upstairs. Call me if you need any help okay?"

"Okay and don't lock you door," her mom said in a sing-song manner still teasing the two friends.

Samara had missed all of this a lot. And she hadn't even known that she missed this till now.

Once seated on the bed, Mariam turned to face Sama. "So tell me all about him. I can already see that my ship is sailing but I want to know all the details!"

"I think you already know all the details, Ms. ikilledcupid." Sama smiled. "And don't even deny it, I know that's you," she added when she saw Mariam shaking her head in a 'no' wildly.

"Okay fine. Maybe that's me. But how did you guess?" Mariam finally gave in. To this Samara simply smiled at her friend.

"I'm your best friend, give me some credit Takli."

"As much as I want to smack you for calling me something that I clearly am not," Samara chuckled,"I'll put that on hold so that you can tell me more about Nickara! I can already see that my ship's sailing but I want more exclusive details!"

"Um, Nickara?" Samara was confused.

"Yeah, Nickara. Nick and you. You haven't checked your blog kya?"

Mariam's eyes widened when she saw her bestie shake her head sheepishly. "Are you serious?"

"I didn't have time for it!" Samara defended herself.

Without another word Mariam scurried across her room and came back with her laptop. After a bit of struggle she turned the device for Samara to view.

"Take a look at what your followers have to say. I still don't believe you haven't checked it out? It's stirred quite a sensation."

The next minutes were spent in silence as Samara read through the several comments and congratulations she'd received on her latest post. The comments ranged from cheeky suggestions to cute coos and the teasing was obvious. All of a sudden she felt giddy at the overwhelming response she got. A small 'Oh' was all that she could say.

"Oh? That's it?" The displeasure at Samara's response was clear in Mariam's voice.

"Wow." Samara tried again.

"That's more like it. Now why don't you tap away replies to the comments while I go and have my breakfast?" And with a pat on her back Samara was left alone.

The girls spent the rest of the day in laziness, occasionally fangirling over their OTPs and idols. Mind you, occasionally occurs quite frequently with this duo.

By evening it was time for Samara to get ready for her date. Although no beauty guru, Mariam insisted on dressing her best friend up. 'Every damn novel that I've read says the bestie does it' - was her argument.

On reaching home Samara was quickly pushed onto a chair while Mariam cast her "Mannu Magic". At least it was better than some Black Magic, right?

Thank God for YouTube and its tutorials that Samara was finally ready. Brushing her hair one final time, she gave herself a once over in the mirror. The makeup had been kept to a minimum level, trying for a natural look. Her brown curls cascaded down her shoulder stopping just above her waist. She'd gone for a pair of ripped jeans and a dressy cropped top; the efforts of wearing a dress were too much for her. As much as she wished to wear her trusted converse, Mariam had forced her into a pair of wedges on the pretense of best friend duties.

The doorbell rang and nervousness kicked in. Samara found herself second-doubting her choice of attire now. But she didn't have time to change. Taking a few deep breaths she slowly walked down the stairs and up to the door, to greet her date. Her brother had already beat her to it and was chatting with Nick.

Neither of the males had noticed Samara standing and she took it as an opportunity to check Nick out. He looked delicious with his hair gelled to perfection and his slight stubble had been cleanly shaved off. His leather jacket gave the bad boy vibes but his smile said the opposite. She couldn't believe how lucky she got with this catch.

Her eyes trailed up to find his chocolate brown ones already fixated on her. And although he said nothing she could see the affection through his eyes and his smile directed at her.

"Ready?" He asked her, extending his hand for her.

Smiling, she wrapped her hand around his warm ones and nodded a yes.

This was going to be one heck of a date night.