Chapter Fourteen

Eden screams and attempts to shove the large hands off of her body only to get shoved back to the hard ground. She looks up at the person holding her down with the most intense form of hatred she'd ever experienced. The large purple man smirks down at her and holds her tighter, she attempted to take him out using her mind but he shakes his head and gestures to his right, she turns her head and spots Loki and Thor being held by his minions with knives against their necks. Her eyes catch the beautiful green ones of Loki and her heart shatters at the extreme fear present on his face. She wanted nothing more than to kill his man who called himself Thanos and run into Loki's arms and tell him everything would be ok. She had no idea why he was here but something told her that Loki was very well aware as she could feel his anxiety growing by the minute. She wondered if this is the one who wanted to kill him for failing in New York. She had always promised him that she would protect him from the mysterious person who he refused to name but now it was too late. Thanos was going to kill her and Loki was going to have to watch. 

"I will ask you one last time, where is the cube?" the man asks pressing down harder on her neck, she begins to choke but keeps her gaze on her love knowing that if she was gonna die then she needed his face to be the last she saw. 

"I told you it was destroyed!" Thor yells struggling against the alien holding him

"you know where it is, if you don't bring it to me right this second then I am going to kill this girl and everyone on this ship one by one" Thanos growls, Loki flinches at the words and sighs. Eden shakes her head as if to warn him not to give in but he disappears from her sight. She cries out to him and Thanos presses down harder 

"seems he doesn't care about you like you thought" he states fully gripping her neck, completely cutting off her airways. She chokes out gasping for air when the familiar scream of her love echos through the air

"stop please! I have it!" Loki cries holding the cube out to the man as tears fill his eyes, she shakes her head at him and he only hands it over. Thanos releases his grip on her neck and she scrambles over to the arms of her love, gasping for air as he holds her against his chest protectively. Thanos hands the cube to his minion before approaching Loki and gripping his neck suspending him in the air, Eden screams loudly and raises her hand trying to help him but she is quickly thrown to the ground and trapped by a layer of cement. She sobs loudly as the only sound in the room is Loki choking for air before a sickening snap echo, instantly Eden feels the soul from his body leave and she screams in pure and utter agony. She couldn't' feel him anymore. Thanos drops him like a rag doll on the ground and she stares at his unmoving body laying directly in front of her with his beautiful green eyes glazed over with no life left within them. She looks away unable to hold back her loud sobs. 

Eden shoots up from her bed gasping for air, as she attempts to catch her breath the harder her heartbeats and she claws at her neck hoping for some sort of relief. All of the glass in the room around her shatters and flies through the air creating a field around her and the ground begins to shake. She knew she was losing control due to her panic attack but she couldn't get it under control. This was the worse one she had ever experienced in her entire life. The sight of Loki dying right in front of her made her feel sick, she had no idea why. She didn't understand why she was being tortured with these dreams, they clearly meant something but what could it be? As she continues to gasp for air she grips her chest and calls out to anyone who might be listening, praying that they could somehow be able to help her. She knew if this kept going on she was going to bring the entire place to the ground. She could feel her control slipping away minute by minute. 

All the way to the bottom of the castle down in the dungeons Loki shoots up from his bed after being awoken from his dreamless sleep in a panic. His heart was beating quickly and he struggled to breathe in and out. He instantly gets the intuitive feeling that Eden was in disarray and he knew that the only person who could help her was him. The longer she stayed so close to him the stronger these dreams would get. Loki places his hands on his head trying to rid of the feeling of pure anxiety and stands and paces in his room debating whether or not her should calm her himself or allow her to break the entire castle down. After a few moments he sighs and focuses all of his energy on the girl, he pushes a feeling of calm into her mind. After a few minutes, his heart rate slows and the air enters his lungs normally, he sighs and closes his eyes, mumbles a few words to himself before opening them to see his surroundings had changed. He looks around to find a typical Asgardian room with glass laying all over the floor and Eden sitting with her back pressed against the bed frame and tears streaming down her face. He could sense that though she had calmed down she was still in a bad state. He is surprised at the small inclination he gets to sit beside her and bring her into his arms. Though he knew that he could not touch her in his current state of Astro projecting. A small part of him actually felt bad for the dreams which caused her such pain, he knew this would happen but he hadn't expected to feel any way about it. Loki sighs and moves closer to the girl observing her shaking hands and without thinking he reaches out to grab them. Just then her door swings open and Thor storms into the room with a look of panic at the sight of her destroyed room and tear-stained cheeks. Loki returns back to his cell and leans against the wall running a hand through his black hair angrily. He wasn't sure how to feel anymore, he knew for sure he hated her and would never love her, but his brother was right. Not even he could ignore the temptations.