Chapter Seventy-Nine

The next day Eden walks next to Loki through the hallways of the Sakar palace, she had agreed to meet with the Grandmaster and help win over his favor. As they made their way through the confusing hallways the girl worried that she would lose control as she'd been on edge ever since she'd seen Loki again. She could feel a break coming and feared for when it did, she didn't want to tell Loki as to not freak him out. She'd worked so hard to learn control and him being the reason why she was losing it was unacceptable to her, she hated how he held power over her in that way. The worst part of it being that he was the only person she had on this strange planet. As she passed people in the hallways who stared at her she knew it would be hard to make friends. So far she hadn't seen any women dressed in armour, all were wearing fancy dresses which were bright and flashy. Their makeup was heavy and she felt like the odd man out wearing her armor and not an ounce of makeup, with her hair falling to her waist with its long waves. Loki begins to slow his pace and stops in front of two large double doors, he grips onto her hand and she rips it away instantly, sending him a nasty glare in return. 

"Eden I told the Grandmaster you were my wife named, otherwise they would have checked to make sure you wouldn't be a good fighter" he murmurs in her ear, the girl stares up at him in horror, trying to process each part of what he said. 

"what?" she asks angrily 

"I'll fill you in later, just act as though we're in love, it shouldn't be too hard. Oh, and your name is Mary" he responds offering her his arm, she shakes her head in frustration and takes it and allows him to lead her into the room where all of the people previously mingling and drinking turn their eyes to them. Eden notices a group of women sitting at the table staring at her, some with admiration and others with pure hatred. She tightens her grip on Loki's arm and he notices her nerves, he moves his arm and wraps it around her shoulder pulling her into his chest, he then leans down to her ear. 

"everything is gonna be fine, just follow my lead" he instructs, the girl nods and Loki leads them over to a man who had his back to them. Loki clears his throat and one of the guards standing there whispers into the man's ear, he turns slowly and faces the two with a smile on his face. The girl is surprised to see a human staring back at her. 

"Loki just in time, I see you've brought your little lady as I instructed. Mary, Loki speaks very highly of you so of course, I had to see for myself. I am the Grandmaster" 

"it's a pleasure to meet you" she responds with a smile as she bows her head respectfully. 

"are you enjoying yourself here?"

"yes I am, this place truly feels like home" she lies, Loki chuckles and rubs her back causing her to stiffen as the Grandmaster smiles at her words. 

"I thought you'd say that come please join us for lunch," he says taking her hand from Loki's and leading her over to where many of the citizens sit, the conversations cease as she sits and the women stare at her blankly. 

"Everybody this is Mary, Loki's wife. Please make her feel welcome, she's come home," he says before bending down and placing a kiss on her hands, she glances back at Loki worriedly and he nods slightly before engaging in another conversation with the Grandmaster.

"where are you from?" one of the women with blood-red hair asks looking her up and down 

"Asgard" she responds quickly 

"how did you end up here?"

"his father didn't like my relationship with Loki so they kicked us out" she responds, surprised at how easily she found it to lie. The woman nod understanding and the girl next to her reaches forward grabbing a piece of her hair in her hands, Eden stares confused and the woman leans over the table sniffing it. She stares at Eden in shock before turning to the other women.

"her hair is real" she states causing the others to gasp

"how did you get that color to look so real?" 

"I was born with it" she shrugs pulling her hair to the front to protect it from anyone else grabbing it without her permission. 

"it would make a great wig" one of them states causing her mouth to drop in surprise

"oh uh I don't think so"

"you should shave it and donate it to the women who can't grow hair, your donation would be appreciated," the girl next to her says 

"no thank you, I like my hair the way it is"

"selfish bitch" the woman across the table murmurs, Eden frowns and a sudden yelp followed by the woman spilling her drink causes her to look up in confusion. Eden notices on the other side of her is a brunette woman wearing what seemed to be Asgardian armor with a smirk on her face.

"thank you"

"don't worry about them, they're just mad because they can't grow hair and wigs are the only things they have" the woman replies, Eden smiles and moves closer to her 

"I'm Mary" 

"Valkyrie"