• Chapter Six •

• Attention •

-

(Y/n)'s POV

Months passed, Chopper, Robin, were the new crew members.
Though everyone was happy, I wasn't. I'm happy that there are two new crew members but since Robin was a woman, Sanji spent less time with me. Sometimes he doesn't look nor glances at me for a whole day. He would spend more time trying to cook for Nami and Robin or flirt with them. That made me think that if he would spend more time with them, will he completely forget about me?

I felt nothing but jealousy and sadness. 

But, that didn't stop me from trying to get Sanji's attention. 

•••

I woke up, full of energy.

Washed my face, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and went to the kitchen.

Seeing Sanji making breakfast, of course, I hurriedly walked towards him and said,

"Good morning, Sanji!"

"Good morning," He said, without looking at me.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked as I tried to look at what he was making.

"Pancakes," he said, bluntly, "Could you prepare the table?"

"Sure," I did as he asked, placing forks, knives, plates on the table.

•••

Since it's been a while that me and Sanji had challenged each other on who can cook better, I challenged him to a food war but he declined, I told him that he was just too scared to lose against me and so he accepted. 

Luffy was going to be the judge but then we realized that he loved all kinds of food so we told Ussop and Robin -Nami was busy drawing maps and Zoro was sleeping- to be the judge.

I challenged him three times in a day, I lost.
I tried challenging him everyday, he would sometimes accept the challenge but he would mostly decline. 

I tried helping him wash the dishes and make small conversations with him.

"Yo Sanji" I smiled, "Want some help?"

"No, it's fine." He said, but that didn't stop me.

While I was helping wash the dishes I tried to make a small conversation with him. But he would answer with one or three words, and that made me feel like I'm talking too much.

I tried asking him to teach me how to fight.

"Hey, Sanjii!" I yelled while walking towards him.

"Is there something wrong, (Y/n)?" He asked while flipping through a book while standing, it looks like a cooking book.

"No, just want to ask something.." I started to think how to ask because it's definitely embarrassing not to know how to fight.

"What is it?" he asked, taking out a cigarette. I swear to God, whenever he sees me he starts smoking a cigarette and it's making me want to just throw all his cigarettes away.

"Can you teach me how to fight?" I asked bluntly, way too blunt.

He finally looked at me, but not just that, he chuckled. It felt like he never looked at me nor laughed.

"For what?" He asked.

"So I could defend myself!" I answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

And so he taught me how to fight, to protect myself from the dangers. He only taught me small things since he didn't want me to find this really difficult. But, he only taught me how to fight for thirty minutes because he didn't have a lot of time to teach me how to fight, to which I thought that he didn't want to spend time with me at all because he had a lot of time but uses that to make snacks for Nami and Robin or doing other unnecessary things.

But that didn't stop me from trying to get his attention.

-

(A/n): Sorry this chapter is short. I finally planned a proper ending for this story and a proper plot for each chapter so I'll be updating fast! But I apologize for chapter five, it's horrible and quick:(

Please vote ♡