• Chapter Eleven•

• Jealousy •
2/2

-

3rd's POV

Sanji stared at the dark blue firm eyes that had rimless glasses in front of them. Issei. They are now in a dark alleyway, Issei said he wanted to talk to Sanji alone after (Y/n) got really tired and slept at the restaurant. The others are still in the restaurant with (Y/n).

"What did you want to talk about?" Sanji asked as he took his cigarette out.

"About (Y/n)" Issei said firmly.

"Well then, I've got something to talk with you about her too."  Sanji leaned against the wall.

"Why wouldn't you force (Y/n) to leave the crew?" He frowned.

"If she doesn't want to leave then let her be,"

"You know that it's way too dangerous for her when she couldn't fight. Just tell her to leave! I'll let her live with me here in this town!" Issei is now impatient.

"And you know that even if I ask her, she would say no, no matter what, she wouldn't leave." Sanji sighed, strings of smoke surrounding him, "I already tried many times"

Issei stayed silent, staring at his shoes now. He was trying to think of a way to make (Y/n) leave but his mind was blank. 

"Now it's my turn," Sanji said, "Do you like (Y/n)?"

It was silent for ten seconds before Issei made a face that Sanji couldn't understand.
"Ew" was all he said.

"Ew??" Sanji sweatdropped.

"Why would I ever like (Y/n)? I only love her as a friend, I'm already married too." Issei said. That made Sanji choke on his own saliva. Sanji this whole time thought that Issei liked (Y/n) and so he needed to ask to confirm. But what would he do if Issei actually liked her? It's not like he could anything about it, could he?

Issei waited for Sanji to say something but Sanji just sighed out of relief. Issei immediately knew what that sigh was about. "You like her, don't you?"

Sanji's cheeks turned light pink, "Huh?"
Issei took that as a yes.

"Protect her and don't hurt her or else I'm going to kill you.." Issei said and walked away, leaving the blonde there, standing alone in the darkness. Flustered.

•••

The next day (Y/n) and Issei spent time together as best friends just like when they were kids. They both know that they will miss this day, so they've got to make it one of the best days. (Y/n) told him what happened when he left, when her mother died, when someone took her to the restaurant and how she met Sanji and almost everything. Same with Issei, he told her almost everything. Even though Issei said he loved (Y/n) as a friend and he is married, Sanji still felt this small jealousy whenever he saw (Y/n) too close to Issei and the fact she looked so happy around him. 

He tried to push this jealousy away but it was so hard for him, so he would walk away whenever he saw them. Nami, Robin, Zoro, and Ussop soon knew what was happening, smirking as they saw Sanji getting jealous. But they didn't say anything.