• Chapter Three •

• The Blanket & Decision •

-

(Y/n)'s POV

It's been two weeks and I used that two weeks to practice how to cook apple-pie. I woke up a little early and made an apple-pie for Zeff to eat and say whether it's good or not. Sanji was with me this whole time, looking at me and how I'm cooking.

Zeff came and sat on the usual chair he sits on. I placed the plate on the table nervously, I'm hoping he would like it and hoping for a good reaction to my apple-pie. I watched him as he placed a small piece of the pie in his mouth by the fork. Sanji stood next to me, ready for his reaction and I'm thinking he knows his reaction since earlier he watched me cook, what I added and how I cooked.

Zeff looked at me and he had a disappointed look. That's where I knew it tastes bad. "Have you really practiced how to cook, (Y/n)?" he frowned, "You could have cooked better, Sanji continue eating it for me, I don't have the appetite to continue eating it and it's a waste to throw it away." He looked at me and what he said next broke my heart, "(Y/n), if you can't cook then I recommend you to quit and leave. You can make your decision whether you want to give up or not, I'll be waiting for your answer." He walked away.

I felt tears gather in the corner of my eyes. But remembering what my Father said, to never cry and be brave. I pushed my tears away, I don't want to look weak. Especially not in front of Sanji.

Sanji was a little surprised by Zeff's reaction. He walked towards the pie and ate a small piece, he frowned when he gulped down the small piece of apple piece. I ran to my room and I lied down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I don't feel like going downstairs anymore or cooking. I don't feel like doing anything, I'm not in the mood.

Without knowing, I slept for hours. I think it's because I haven't slept much last night of how excited and nervous to cook for Zeff an apple-pie, a test if that's what you want to call it...

Though my sleep was interrupted by something...or someone.

"wh..-at..sheogowq..awooay..." I mumbled tiredly and pushing away the hand that is trying to wake me up.

"(Y/n) you idiot! Wake up!"

My eyes by mistake opened all of the sudden. By mistake. -I never open my eyes when I'm trying to sleep only when it's important - All because that voice was familiar. I looked at the person who has been shaking me out of my good dream I had. Of course, it's Sanji.

"Sanji..." I said.

"Yeah?"

"WHaT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WHO WAKES UP SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE HAVING A GOOD DR-"

He covered my mouth with his hand, "SHHHHH" and I know that the pillow is on his face I had hit him with, but I can imagine he is frowning right now.

"Sorry" I rolled my eyes as I removed the pillow from his face. "What do you want?"

"Since its night, I thought of... taking you to somewhere where I always go to."

I looked to my left and it's actually night, so I slept this long? Then I looked back at him and I say, "Where?"

"if you want to know, follow me."

I nodded and got off the bed, and stretched. I haven't moved from my bed for hours and now stretching even hurts.

We walked downstairs and to the door. Sanji was searching for something in his pockets while I was staring at his right hand. He was holding the bluish-gray blanket he gave me weeks ago in the kitchen when I slept there. I don't why but the blanket was so comfy and cozy.

(A/n: iT's vEry CozY...LiKe RosIE)

Finally, Sanji found what he wanted to find. A Key. He unlocked the door and we walked out and locked the door again.

I yawned as we walked to wherever we were going to go. It took maybe ten minutes to get there, somewhere I have never seen before. It's a beautiful small hill with a small river, fireflies all over the place. It's a very beautiful place that gives me the chills but in a good way.

"Woah..."

"I know...I found this place months ago"

"Seriously? How have I never seen this place!?"

He chuckled and said, "It's because no one has ever walked behind the mountain" he walked to the small hill and sat there, he patted the grass next to him, signaling me to sit next to him and I did.

"Why did no one go behind the mountain?"

"Because some random person spread a rumor as a joke but... everyone took it seriously I guess..."

"What kind of rumor?"

"You think I know?"

"well yeah, I mean you come here every day so you've got to know-"

"I just know that there's a rumor about this place but I never heard of it!"

I sighed, really wanting to know what was the rumor about this place. I hugged my knees, forgot to bring my jacket. Winter is nearby and I'm excited to play with snow, I want to throw all snowballs on Sanji and I can imagine his reaction to that. I giggled at the thought.

"You're creepy," He placed the Bluish-gray blanket on top of me, he came way too close next to me and we shared the blanket. I blushed and said, "W-whatever"

It was silent for a few minutes until I said, "Now that I think about it...I always see you with this blanket, in the morning, afternoon, at night. And when you come back from wherever you were in, I see you with this blanket...is it special or something?"

"yeah, it is."

I waited for him to continue but he didn't. "continue..."

He looked at me confused. "you're interested in hearing the rest?"

"W-what- no but- I want you to continue because...why not!?"

Sanji chuckled and sighed, "Zeff gave me this blanket not to long time ago...he said that he treasured this blanket, even though it looks like any other blanket. I don't know why the reason he treasures it but... he told me to keep it safe with me, and said it gives good luck. But the real reason I take it everywhere I go is because it's so warm and comfortable"

"I see..." I say surprised, "In that case...I don't want this blanket on me anymo-" I tried to stand up and run away but Sanji pulled me down and tackled me down on the grass. I tried to push him away but he kept pulling me down and not letting me go. And as a weapon he used, tickling me, and I did the same thing to him. In the end, we both gave up and lied down, looking up at the beautiful stars next to each other with the blanket on top of us.

•••

Weeks went by, and it snowing.

I went outside and threw snowballs at Sanji, turns out, he planned the same thing. He threw snowballs at me as he dodged the snowballs I threw at him. We had fun playing, although running away was hard because the snow made me run slower.

I have already decided what I wanted to do, and I wanted to tell Zeff about it.

The next day I went to Zeff and told him that I have decided... he was staring at me with a serious expression.
"I have decided to...to stay here and never give up on cooking!" I said as I closed my eyes.

He hummed a 'Hmh' and when I opened my eyes, I saw him smiling. He patted my head and said, "That's what I should have expected from you. I'm proud." He said and walked away. Tears gathered in the corner of my eyes because of how happy I am.

"Pfft" Sanji laughed at me

"H-huh?"

"You're crying!"

I quickly wipe the tears away, "N-no I'm not..!"
I felt my face heat up from embarrassment, this is why I never wanted to cry in front of Sanji...

I was about to attack him but he ran away so I ran after him, leading us out of the restaurant and I already said. It's hard to run on snow.