• Chapter Twelve •

• Nightmares •

-

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up, breathing heavily, sweating. It took me a while before I lied back down and stared at the ceiling.

These nightmares started after I first met Zeff. But I kept quiet, I don't want anyone to be worried or anything, I just want to live a normal life but this nightmare is making me go insane. It's something that keeps repeating, I couldn't run away, I couldn't control my body, I don't know why. I keep doing the same actions and end up waking up and think it's real. The thing is, it's getting worse every time I have those nightmares.

But the good thing is, no one knows I have these nightmares. Good thing I wouldn't act weird after waking up from the dream or else everyone would ask me what's wrong. No one should know.

I get these nightmares seven times a month, I've counted. It's exactly seven.

I got off my bed and opened the door quietly so no one would hear me, and closed it quietly. I walked to the ship's railing and sat at the edge, kicking my legs back and forth. 

Suddenly I felt something touch my face and covers my eyes from behind me. I flinched, but soon calmed down when I smelled the smell of a cigarette, knowing who it is.

"Sanji?" I said.
I heard him chuckle, letting his hands go back to his pocket and he sat next to me. 

"Sanji? what are you doing? aren't you supposed to be asleep?" I asked calmly, but I was actually panicking.

"Well I couldn't sleep so I thought of sitting outside and look at the beautiful ocean...but then I saw you, and what about you?" He said and looked at the ocean.

"I couldn't sleep," I said bluntly and stared at the dark blue ocean too.

I felt him throwing a few glances at me, so I looked at him. 
"What's wrong?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds before saying, "You're hiding something"

"W-what?" crap, I didn't mean to stutter, now he is going to know that I am actually hiding something...

"What is it?" Sanji asked and placed his hands behind him on the cold wooden floor and leaned back a little.

I panicked, not knowing what to say. For a second, I thought I was good at acting.

"I've...been having nightmares.." I looked away. I said I won't tell anyone about the nightmare but...now that I'm with Sanji, all of a sudden I feel comfortable telling him that I've had nightmares.

"Nightmares? About what?" He asked. But not comfortable about that, that's something I don't like talking about because it feels weird, it feels like if I told anyone it would get worse. Or if I told anyone, they would make fun of me, and I think Sanji would make fun of me even if I'm not joking.

"I don't want to say it.." I mumbled.

He nodded and said, "If you ever feel like talking about it, you can talk about it with me." He stood up, "Come on, we've got to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day." He stretched and yawned.

I stood up and went to the girls bedroom and lied down on my bed, a little relieved after I at least told someone that I had nightmares. 

•••

After a week of getting another four nightmares, I finally decided to tell Sanji. Just how like I felt relieved the last time I told him about my nightmare, I want to relax and forget about the nightmare for at least an hour. 

It was a great time to tell him about the nightmare anyways, everyone left to the island and someone had to stay on the ship because there are a lot of pirates around, and Sanji said he wanted to stay on the ship so I said so do I.
As always, I want to go to wherever Sanji goes to, that's the biggest reason why I joined the straw hats. 

I opened the door and peeked inside and saw Sanji washing the dishes.
Washing the dishes? We didn't eat anything today? unless Luffy...

I walked inside and walked towards Sanji, and stood next to him. "Hey Sanji,"

"Yeah?" 

"I want to tell you about the nightmare-"

"If you are forcing yourself to tell me the nightmares you've been having, then I'm not going to listen. I'll only listen once you truly want to talk about it." He said bluntly.

"I truly do want to talk about it!" I said. It was quiet for more than twenty seconds before Sanji turned off the faucet and he went and sat at the table which was filled with maps and pencils. I went and sat next to him.

"I've been having nightmares...-"

"I know"

I hit him with my elbow and continued, "ever since I've met Zeff..."

"Zeff?" He asked, he's probably wondering what it has to do with Zeff.

"Yeah, but it has nothing to do with Zeff...I've had those scary dreams about...Moeteiru.." I said his name with hatred.

"Moeteiru? The person who murdered your..?" Sanji's eye widened. I nodded.
"What was it about?"

"I would be sitting on the floor, just staring up at Moeteiru's evil eyes...I wanted to get up and run away from those evil eyes that were staring right back at me but I couldn't. Every single time. I would be just there, looking at him. And at last, he would take his knives out of nowhere and stab my eyes, well, I don't know if he did exactly because right at the time when he aims at my face, I wake up." I sighed, starting to have a headache by just trying to remember exactly what happened.

Sanji still had a shocked face, but after minutes when I finished telling him about my nightmare, he had a serious face, like he was thinking deeply.

"It's just a nightmare." He stood up and went back to washing the dishes.