Chapter 8:One of the Estates

3p

•~•~•~•~

Sophia and Myraya had been trapped in the luxury SUV for two excruciating hours.

The drive was long; the roads surrounded by thick green forests signaling they were no longer in the grand city.

No one had spoke a word of where they were going or what was happening, so in reality, they were yet again utterly oblivious as to what was going on.

Feeling defeated and terrified of what was to come, Sophias mind couldn't help but think of all the possibilities—good and bad—of what the strangers would do to them.

The words that the Capo had spoke to them in the warehouse repeated in her head. She had no idea what he was talking about, nor did she know what to believe.

Surely the mystery man was lying, but a small voice in her head questioned everything that was occurring, and whispered to her that perhaps the words were true. She had yet to find out who these people even were and how they knew of her deceased uncle, or why the Capo man held so much fury towards him.

Emmanuel had died over five years ago in a deadly car accident when Sophia was fifteen years old. The news left the Sanchez family broken, especially Sophias father who was his younger brother.

Tio Manny was a family man, and one of Sophias favorite uncles. He wasn't around much, but the few times he was there with his family were times that Sophia would never forget. The loud talking and booming laughter that filled her house when he was present was always reminiscent of the man he was.

Funny, caring, innocent...

Or so she thought.

Apparently her naive thoughts of him were wrong, and she wondered if those times her uncle would disappear for months were the reasons he got himself involved with these men.

No

She refused to believe that.

Her family might've been a bit fucked up, but she was sure they would never be involved with criminals like these.

Focusing back on the road they were on, Sophia sighed and leaned against the window watching the trees pass by again.

Not many words were exchanged in the vehicle, except at the beginning of the drive when Luca had shown his displeasure to Myraya calling him 'linguini man'.

The two had bickered for a few minutes, until the green eyed man got fed up and told the vexing girl to shut up or else he'd duct tape her mouth—which she decided to listen to, not wanting the same fate her best friend had in the warehouse.

Especially not when she saw the shiny metal guns both men had with them.

Since then, an awkward silence had fallen upon the car.

Luca and Gio sat quietly for the most part, except when they'd occasionally mutter a couple Italian words, or grabbed their phones and typed away. The two men where situated in front of the two girls in the seats that were oddly facing them. Sophia sat to the left of the vehicle, in front of Gio, while her best friend sat to the right, in front of Luca.

The SUV seemed to be customized to be this way, it had an interior very similar to one in a limo. There must've been a reason why, and Sophia took a guess it was for situations like the one she was currently in. In this format, the men were able to keep a close eye on the girls and make sure they didn't try to foolishly escape; although that was next to impossible, considering there were four other SUVs surrounding them as backup, and two other men who were located in the front of the car, one being the driver, while the other sat in the passenger seat.