Chapter 1: Just One Night

Sophia

~•~•~•~

I sighed in content as the warm hot cocoa went down my throat.

This was very much needed.

It's freezing cold here in New York.

I smiled when I looked to my left and see my best friend Myraya drinking away her own hot cocoa while shivering from the cold. I tried holding in my laugh, and failed when I saw her trip and almost spill her drink. She immediately looks up at me with wide eyes then starts glaring when she notices I'm laughing.

"Hey! It's not funny. You imagine how horrible that would've been!" She says holding onto the hot cocoa for dear life. "Don't worry little one, I won't drop you. Not now, not ever." She whispered to the cup making her look like she belonged to an asylum.

"Mya," I said In between my laugh attach. "your face," I continued gasping for air. "It was priceless!"

Mya sent another glare my way, purposefully walking faster to try and make me fall behind.

"Hey! I'm sorry! Im sorry! I'll stop laughing." I shouted at her, biting my lip to contain my laugh attack as I tried catching up with her.

"You better be!" She shouted at me as we entered yet another shop here in town square.

It had been the best three weeks of my life here in New York with Myraya. Our parents finally let us go on to live -a short amount of time-alone. We had argued that we not only 20 years old, but also fully capable of taking care of ourselves; It was a three hour plane ride after all.

Myraya and I are from Miami meaning we had a lot of convincing to do to our parents.

Also the fact that they're Hispanic made it much more difficult...

It took a total of two months to get them to agree but it was so incredibly worth it. We had spent these last couple weeks exploring the big city, walking, shopping, but most importantly eating.

Nothing beats a pizza from New York.

Literally so fucking good it makes me salivate at the thought of the gooey cheese and the delicious crust and-

Getting off track there bud.

Oh right...

As I was saying,

Both our family's are wealthy due to the fact that our fathers owned big enterprises all around the states. My dad has an apartment here which is currently where Myraya and I are staying.

"What do you think?" Myraya said lifting a perfect brow. She was holding onto to a gorgeous gold party dress that shimmered in different places when the light hit it.

I grabbed the material, making the reflective sequence scrunch in my hand. At different angles the dress shone beautifully against the light, very similar to a disco-ball, and very Myraya Perez.

"It's beautiful, but what are we gonna wear it for?" I questioned.

There were no big events we had to do here since this was plainly a break for us until we started University back in Florida. After working the past two years on our associates degree, we were to attend school for business and finance in order to inherit the infamous family business.

Not that we ever had any other choice.

We never do.

School started in August, meaning we had over six months of stress-free time to do whatever the hell we wanted. Coming to New York was only one of the many places we had planned to go to.

"Well we're gonna go clubbing, duh." She said smiling and wiggling her eyebrows in a suggestive matter.

"No, no clubbing or sleeping around just, no." I said shaking my head and putting my hand up to make my point. "Mya" I said referring to the nickname I'd given here when we where merely just children "this is a complete different place, we have no friends to take us home, and there could be dangerous people there." I said referring to the news I'd heard recently about women and men being taken and killed while trying to have a fun time.

I mean imagine dying when you're having the time of your life at a party?

Real party pooper-esk of the killer if you ask me.

"Oh come on Soph, don't be a buzz kill." She whined "Just one night pretty please."

Well I guess one night won't do anything.

Right?

"Alright, alright fine." I said rolling my eyes as I saw the huge smirk plastered on her face.

•~•~•~•~•~•

(Edited)

Here's chapter 1 mis amores...

Hope you enjoyed!!

LOVE YOU!!