message to my night scares [c.t]

hands you an update and leaves for another three months

pairing ; cscoop/cooper + traves/travis

prompt ; PHONE GUY COOP N NIGHTGUARD TRAV.

cw/tws ; mentions of blood and death [its fnaf what do u expect]

fic title from ; dancing in my room - 347aidan

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

travis doesn't know why he's here.

the building is dark and eerie, strange creaks in the floorboards sound as he hesitantly walks into the establishment. it's old, cobweb hangs from the walls and there's a layer of dust covering everything in his immediate line of sight.

it's like a tomb, he thinks, grimacing at the comparison. travis shudders, suddenly cold, and the door swings shut with a loud thud behind him. he yelps, clapping a hand over his mouth, and presses himself against the wall. the layout of the place is complex, and as he studies it and moves further into the restaurant, he can't help but admire the framework of the old building. something shuffles in the distance and travis freezes, checking the time on his watch.

nuts, he needs to be in the office soon.

he catches a glimpse of the animatronics, plastic and dead-eyed, staring emptily into the room, as he walks down the hallway towards the office. he shudders once more and averts his gaze to his shoes, nibbling on the inside of his cheek and hesitantly stepping over the threshold into the office.

the chair is slightly uncomfortable, but as soon as he sits down, the bell chimes, officially signalling his shift starting. he shifts in the chair and stares haphazardly at the tablet on the desk, unsure of what to do with it. as he's trying to figure out what to do, the phone rings, loud and cutting through the gentle silence that travis somewhat enjoyed. he stares at the phone for a while, before remembering that he should maybe pick it up, and scrambles to lift it off of the receiver before the call drops.

"hello? hello, hello?" the man on the other end calls out, groaning in exasperation.

"hey!" travis says, and something clutters on the other line as the man hurries to sit down.

"shit- fucking finally, you're here. lemme find the goddamn- ah, yeah, got it. i don't get paid enough for this." he murmurs obscenities under his breath, then clears his throat and sighs. "welcome to your new summer job at the new and improved freddy fazbear's pizza."

"are you.. alright?" travis asks, and something on the other end falls.

"perfectly fucking peachy, man. listen, i'm gunna level with you- you picked a shitty place to work at. those murder-bots'll tear you to shreds if you don't listen to me, alright?"

murder-bots? what's the phone man talking about? this has got to be some kind of joke, right?

"uhh. alright?"

"good. look around your desk for a mask or something, that's your first defense. those plastic fuckfaces will try to get into your office, and you won't like what happens if or when they do. you put that sweaty fursuit head on until they leave, and you gotta be quick with it, because some of these shitheads show up unannounced." phone guy sounds really serious, and the seriousness in his voice makes travis suddenly hyper-aware of how quiet everything is.

he moves the freddy head closer to him and makes an affirmative sound, waiting for the phone guy to continue giving out the instructions.

"if you've got it, good. now check the camera, number eleven. there's that bigass present box, y'see it? keep the motherfucker in there calm or else. there's a button there. press it to wind up the music. that bitch in there will cause some serious fucking damage if it gets its thin little fingers on you."